Bottom Feeders ~ Lake Wisconsin

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Last weeks show they seined Lake Wisconsin and got snagged up on something that was obviously set there to sabotage the netting. It sounds like Tim and Jedd know exactly who does it, but they won’t mention names for obvious reasons. I was wondering if anyone on here who fishes that area knows?

That Mike sure is a douche. He talks about about his brother needing to be responsible. Yet he’s the one who walked off the ice on Tim an episode or 2 before without saying anything to Tim after Tim decided to help him. He left when they started pulling the nets and found out it wasn’t buffalo in the nets.

Anyone know any of these guys or have run into them at some point?

Tim and Jeff seem like the only likeable guys.

weldon
    Rochester, Mn

Pug,

I met Mike last winter over at Pepin, Wi where he was clearing off the ice by the harbor for his daughter and her friend to ice skate.

We chatted for around 10-15 minutes, but I found him to be conversant and likeable.

At that time, the show was just starting for the season. He told me he was a commercial fisherman and of course, threw in a plug for his show after I inquired about their having caught the invasive carp the prior year.

At the time, he commented on filming the show in that it tended to gravitate toward making a bit of drama out of the work and he specifically commented on the filming wanting to pick the crappy weather to add to the appeal… kine fo like Mike Rowe’s “Dirty Jobs”.

So, I guess I would not take what you see on TV as being gospel for how these folks interact.

692fisherman
    champlin mn

what show are we talking about?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Thanks Weldon. I thought about adding the caveat that I don’t know what is played up and what is actually real. Actually a lot of the interaction between Mike and his brother Rick this season seems forced, like when Rick confronted him at the fish market.

If Mike was as bad as they portrayed him to be, I find it hard to believe that Tim would be so gullible to team up with him for a haul.

This is exactly why I ask. I am a reality junky and I don’t know how real any of the shows are. This one is so low key, that it is hard to tell what is real. That’s exactly why I asked. Thanks.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I know Lake WI pretty well, there are a lot of stumps (above and below water line), wonder if they just got the net stuck on that?

Map of stumps
    http://manke.com/maps/lake-wisconsin-stumps/

No, they actually hauled in a rusted metal bar with blades that looked like cutting implements welded on it.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

The only reality tv is sports.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I know, I love wrestling and basketball for that reason.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

This is exactly why I ask. I am a reality junky and I don’t know how real any of the shows are. This one is so low key, that it is hard to tell what is real. That’s exactly why I asked. Thanks.

Wow Pug this kinda throws me off. I always considered you to have a good grasp of intelligence but as far as reality in these shows the idea behind the show is the only real part I see in them, the rest is just choreographed drama in my opinion. I watch them but only for the entertainment value.

Anonymous

That show is one of my favorites. Most of those guys seem like guys u could just sit down at the bar and slam some beers with.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Wow Pug this kinda throws me off. I always considered you to have a good grasp of intelligence but as far as reality in these shows the idea behind the show is the only real part I see in them, the rest is just choreographed drama in my opinion. I watch them but only for the entertainment value.

Every show has a varying degree of reality. I don’t have anyway of gauging this when viewing. I obviously have to suspend some sense of reality to get any enjoyment out of these shows.

blackbay

I’ve met Tim and his crew a few times. He’s a real good guy. I believe he actually has a fisheries degree. George is a hard working son of a gun. definitely guys you could share a boat and a few beers with.

munchy
    NULL

Quote:

I know a guy that was living in Hollywood for a few years trying to make it as an actor. One of the rolls he was cast in was on one of those Lizard Lick Towing episodes. Payed him $50 to come running and screaming out of a trailer home trying to attack the tow guys.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I’ve met Tim and his crew a few times. He’s a real good guy. I believe he actually has a fisheries degree. George is a hard working son of a gun. definitely guys you could share a boat and a few beers with.

Who is George? Is that Tim’s partner, the guy battling cancer? If it is, he would be a blast to go fishing with.

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

They are here this week working out of the launch between Whalen’s Grade and The Thirsty Moose by the corner of CS & V. They have pens set up in the lake to temporarily hold their catch – alive. The semi they were loading yesterday had “live fish” signs on the tanks on it which is different than other years that I’ve watched them load into a reefer trailer.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

The semi they were loading yesterday had “live fish” signs on the tanks on it which is different than other years that I’ve watched them load into a reefer trailer.

Lots of happy hippies in town when the reefer trailer rolls in.

blackbay

Quote:

Quote:

Who is George? Is that Tim’s partner, the guy battling cancer? If it is, he would be a blast to go fishing with.

Yea, George is Tim’s partner.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.