Zippo hand warmers

• cupspits

The zippo guys gave all the anglers zippo hand warmers at the Mwc spring valley tourney! Let me tell you those things are awesome lasted the whole day on the water and some I will be buying more anyone else try these?

Stan Jenson
    sw wisconsin

Been using them for years. They work great for deer season.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Love mine learning curve on how much fuel to time thing. Since you can’t add once going.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I have been using them this past ice season but I wish they had a flat edge on the bottom so they would stand up when filling them or so you can set them down once they are lit.

Work well though

fisherman-andy

I bought one this year with the intention of using it frequently but have been very disappointed. For some reason I cannot get mines to stay lite and burning. Ive read all the instructions and tried different lighter fluids as well the ones from Zippo. DUD.

I think I have defective hand warmer but when I do fill it and let the fluid soak in I can light it with the burner cap off. When I place the burner cap on it dies. I’ve tried lighting it with the burner cap on also and it doesnt work. I even tried overfilling it lol. I’ll probably give another shot next year and buy another one to make sure mines wasnt defective or went bad somewhere along the way.

BBKK
    IA

Zippo has fantastic customer service… I’m sure they will fix or replace a defective one.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

When you say the “burner cap” are you talking about the wick? I can’t say I have ever thought about or tried to light it without the wick. I always dab a little lighter fluid on the wick and let it burn off and then it seems to work great. It will be an open flame for a bit but that has made a big difference in keeping mine lit all day.

This is one of the reasons I want something I can set down. It takes a few minutes to burn off that fluid on the wick and then it really draws the fumes out of the body of the heater.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Do they make your hands stink? I always try to avoid gas and oils on my hands when I am fishing.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Quote:

Do they make your hands stink? I always try to avoid gas and oils on my hands when I am fishing.

I’d be curious in that answer too.
    When I used them years ago…I could smell the fluid…and that would kinda negate all my other steps to avoid odors while I’m deer hunting.

Do you notice any odor?

munchy
    NULL

Quote:

When you say the “burner cap” are you talking about the wick? I can’t say I have ever thought about or tried to light it without the wick. I always dab a little lighter fluid on the wick and let it burn off and then it seems to work great. It will be an open flame for a bit but that has made a big difference in keeping mine lit all day.

This is one of the reasons I want something I can set down. It takes a few minutes to burn off that fluid on the wick and then it really draws the fumes out of the body of the heater.

There are no wicks on the zippo hand warmers. They use a catalytic reaction with the lighter fluid fumes to create heat.

The only times I have ever had a smell to mine was when I overfilled the tank and it didn’t burn properly otherwise there has been no smell and works amazing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.