Appliances

• cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Does anyone have any input or experience with new appliances for the kitchen? I was checking out a Kenmore Elite bundle. Reviews are scattered. Anything I should keep away from? We are not looking to break the bank, but want quality.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Warner Stellion is a good store and good way to see a lot under one roof.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Whirlpool makes many of the other brand names as well.

Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

After fives years of use we’ve been very happy with out Bosch dish washer and not so happy with our JennAir down draft stove.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

x2 on Bosch Dishwasher
    we’ve had ours for 12* years

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Check out Appliance Outlet in Eden Prairie.

They deal in many discontinued and Scratch and Dent priced well below New prices. Our only appliance that didn’t come from there is a Microwave/Convection Oven which they didn’t have them at the time we needed to replace ours.

You may have a shop like this in your area.

Appliance Center Outlet webpage

Our Refridgerator/Freezer has a small scratch on outside bottom left, hidden by cupboards on both sides, Range was discontinued, dishwasher has small mostly un-noticeable dent on front.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

We had great luck at ApplianceSmart. They are NOT just scratch/dent, they are a full dealer and they can order anything from any of the major makers.

We got a really good price on a full kitchen of Fridgidaire Commercial Series appliances and then there was a factory rebate on top of the good price. After they gave me the “best price” I hemmed and hawed, and asked if they could do better, so they dropped the price 5% and gave me free installation.

As a note, if you’re buying multiple appliances at once, I’ve found that almost every place will negotiate if you’re talking to the right person. I just ask if they can do better once they give me the price. They almost always do. You have a lot of leverage with a full-kitchen purchase.

Grouse

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Few years ago I did some part time at a big box store and got to talk with some reps for a couple of the major brands. Like everything else he said most of the lil components in all appliances are going to the lowest bidder, and most aren’t built to last more than 5-7yrs. Of course there are the super expensive rigs, but I can tell you I’ve fixed many floors over the years from break downs, ranging from the cheapo brandless to the most expensive. Just my 2 cents.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Thanks for the information. The reviews on every brand are so varied. LG seems to shine a little brighter on the reviews.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Thanks for the information. The reviews on every brand are so varied. LG seems to shine a little brighter on the reviews.

For what it’s worth LG has really sharp looking appliances, great designs.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

X2 on Appliance Smart. We’re looking at a full Samsung setup which has a lot of the higher end features for $3100. Can’t comment on dependability, as Samsung hasn’t been in tje game that long, but for what you get, seems to be a great value.

briansmude

I went with Samsung from best buy this time, best prices I found and I have been happy with them so far. Samsung had a lot more features for the same if not less price as the other brands.

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

We had a Maytag dishwasher that did a great job up until the racks started to rust because the plastic covering on them started to deteriorate. New racks would have cost us about 40 bucks less than a new machine so we bought a new Whirlpool. About a month after the warranty expired the Whirlpool the door started to leak at both bottom corners. Lucky for us the small town mom and pop shop we bought it from fixed it for free after Whirlpool pretty much told us too bad, so sad.Though the mom and pop shop did their best to fix the machine it’s still not right.
    We got 8 years out of our Maytag Neptune cloths washer before it croacked so avoid that line if at all possible.
    Bottom line for me is it’s very dissapointing how poorly some of these appliances are made – I should say meant not to last.
    On the bright side, our Maytag fridge is still going strong – knock on wood. LOL
    Re: dishwashers. Get one with (I believe it’s nylon) coated racks vs plastic.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

I believe the stainless dishwasher is the way to go. The Samsung package included the stainless interior dishwasher and the dual cool fridge/freezer (3 door style) and 5 burner convection range. Higher end options at a very competitive price.

The salesman stated that price is usually dependent on options, and that most of the major brands are manufactured by Whirlpool using the same components. Only difference being options, and in the case of dishwashers, stainless vs plastic interior. But, it came from a salesman.

troutbum
    St. Paul

I have nothing of value to add to this thread.
    I would like to request that you two purchase a fridge with a durable
    ice machine.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

I have nothing of value to add to this thread.
    I would like to request that you two purchase a fridge with a durable
    ice machine.

Will do…looking at a Bosch with quick ice mode.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.