FYB boat ???

• mr. sauger25

To those who boat in fridgid weather. So I plan on pre fshing Friday before the tourney next weekend and than staying at everts resort normally when I fish in below freezing temps I don’t worryto much cause I put my boat in a heated garage do I leave the boat in the water which is kinda what I prefer to do or should I trailer it up and let it freeze up any help would be great thanks in aadvance

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

I would say taking it out and letting it freeze is NOT a good idea

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

Definitely pull you’re graphs and battery and bring them inside with you overnight.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

if you have a cover that you can put on while its on the water it should keep most things fairly warm due to the water warming the bottom of the boat and heat rising. other wise keep on water and pull graphs and put batteries on a charger.

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Why pull your graphs? If you have power at the dock then just leave them run overnight, I would think that would be better than fumbling around with frozen electrical connections full of frost in the morning?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

You are really worrying about nothing.

Trailer the boat up.

Tip the motor up/down a few times to drain it. (i even run for a few seconds)

Pull graphs, plug charger in and cover if you have one to limit frost covering that is slippery, annoying and wet.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

On of the things I’ve started doing in the cooler months is turning the kill switch off, then turning the motor over.

That way there isn’t any heat created while blowing out the water.

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

Quote:

Why pull your graphs? If you have power at the dock then just leave them run overnight, I would think that would be better than fumbling around with frozen electrical connections full of frost in the morning?

pull your graphs because if they are in single digit temps, your not going to see anything except funky lines on your graph until the screens warm up. If they are warm when you start them up, they work and will continue to work when the screens cool to the outside temps.

And don’t forget to have some de-icer for you trolling motor if you have one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.