This Year everyone really will freeze there butts

• mr. sauger25

So how many teams are gonna drop out looks like take off time for tourney it will be -9 degrees my partner already informed me if the weather forecast stays the same he wont be going with. Maybe we should move it a week back I know probably not possible with the permits and all. So I hope to see u all there im guessing it will drop from 60 to 25teams

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I was talking with Eric Rehburg about this last night. It is going to be brutal… suppose there’s a way to mount an Otter to a Skeeter and fish the Freeze Your Butt with the short rods and the heater set to high?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That is why it’s named “Freeze Your Butt Off”!

I’ve been toying with the idea of having an award for the first person back to the bait shop…say a “Sally Doll” or something.

Historically it’s been Lenny Jamison first in although if you count Eric Anderson and Jami Ritter not getting out until 11 am, they might be a contender as well.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I had -2 on the drive down last year. Not sure it will feel much worse.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The FYB has never been delayed due to cold or bad weather. Hopefully never will!

-J.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

The FYB has never been delayed due to cold or bad weather. Hopefully never will!

-J.

Agreed. If you move the FYB to coincide with warm weather I think the whole concept goes out the window.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Anyone got the photo from about 10 years ago or the boats caked up with ice from the FYB? Good luck to you guys fishing it.

eyesonly

Late last fall my wife says “Honey , would you mind putting your boat in the Back yard this winter so I can use the garage for my mini van, Your fishing gear already takes up the other half of the garage?” Being the loving husband I am I carefully wrapped my boat up and put it next to the shed for the winter. Wasnt planning on having 6 feet of snow buried around my boat and theres no way to even get to it with all this snow. If anyones Partner sissis out Id love to fish. I already have one very nice offer to be a last second replacment but Id love to get a forsure from someone. Thanks guys

mr. sauger25

Hey that’s a great idea ill make a flip over for the boat with an awning

mr. sauger25

Ill let u know on the partner thing eyesonly im fishing no matter what ill give my partner till tomorrow to give me a for sure decision

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

No problem I actually did see the Otter set up in boat on the Rainy years ago….couldn’t find pic, but found this looking for it.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Its going to be colder than a witches titty!!

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Here is our cold weather picture from last year:

roottwo

Has anyone ever seen the covered pontoon on P4? They basically framed a fish house to the pontoon dimensions, then covered the pontoon and made a hole in the center. Throw in a heater and you could at least fish vertically in -20 if you wanted!

kroger3
    blaine mn

Quote:

Here is our cold weather picture from last year:

hey im the boat on the left….

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

….That’s my boat. But I didn’t freezer my Butt in it. That was son ROB. Oh ya Butt they won the …rrr

Zach H

I haven’t done much cold weather fishing from my boat, but fishing in these conditions has to hard on the equipment. You don’t dare shut your motor off or everything starts to freeze up doesn’t it? That’s a great picture, but I don’t think I would enjoy those temps.

stuart
    Mn.

The year of the record 48lb winning bag it was -3 when we left and -3 when we came in.Lenny stayed out with me all day.I have never been so cold and we only got a measly little 6 lb fish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I haven’t done much cold weather fishing from my boat, but fishing in these conditions has to hard on the equipment. You don’t dare shut your motor off or everything starts to freeze up doesn’t it? That’s a great picture, but I don’t think I would enjoy those temps.

Always keep your motor down. The water will keep it from freezing and if some freezes in the water jacket or lines, it thaws quickly when the engine is running.

Plug your live wells and any other way for water to get in your craft.

I think all boat/motor/trolling motor manufacturers should test there product on P4 in January before they go to market. Never happen, but I can think it.

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

Quote:

Late last fall my wife says “Honey , would you mind putting your boat in the Back yard this winter so I can use the garage for my mini van,

You just lost your MAN card!!!

and my partner is close to losing his!! FYI

eyesonly

Quote:

Quote:

Late last fall my wife says “Honey , would you mind putting your boat in the Back yard this winter so I can use the garage for my mini van,

You just lost your MAN card!!!

Sadly I do believe your right !

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.