Anyone work with plexiglas?

• 396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

What I’m looking for is to see what it would cost to get my boat windshields remade since one has changed color from smoke to kind of purple and I would like to see if it can be extended taller. The old ones are still good so they can be used as a template.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Are they flat or curved?

bclii
    MN/AZ

Your going to want that done with polycarbonate, lexan is a TM polycarbonate by GE. Plexi is an acrylic and would break to easy. The only plus with acrylic is does not yellow as easly as a polycarbonate. Just use a tinted polycarbonate and you’ll be good to go. Industry standard for what you you are doing.

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

The windshields are curved dual council 80’s ranger.

Thanks for the info on what to use but I need them bent into shape and have nothing at my disposal to do it

jake47
    WI

I would think the first place to start would be to call up Ranger or your local dealer and determine if they have one and what the price is. They may get you one that works better than any specially formed aftermarket part. If however, they are outside of your budget or don’t have any available then you may want to try out this company. Custom Mold and Tint

I have heard good things about them on other websites. I think they say that their shields run about $85-90 ea + shipping. However, you have to provide a base template and there is a chance it won’t fit as well as a factory replacement.

Good luck and let us know how you end up getting a new one. Then if anyone searches this thread in the future they will have a quick answer how to get one.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

need_to_replace_a_windshield]
    Custom Mold and Tint[/url]

X 2 I can personally attest to custom Mold and Tint. Last May’s snow fall clasped a roof onto my dual consoled rig and busted the passenger bubble shield. Call CMT and told them what I had. Mailed them the old one and with in 3-4weeks had the new one fit perfectly…Shipping and handling 118$ My rigs an 2002…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.