Quick Lake Winona Report

• tbrooks11

Fished Lake Winona today for a few hours. Sat in about 10 feet of water for about 30 minutes and didnt even mark a fish, then i moved out to about 19 fow and caught as many bluegills as i wanted and more. Just wondering if anyone has had any success on bass, northern, perch, crappie, or even a walleye or two? I was targeting all of those fish, but couldnt stop catching the gills. I only had waxies today, so i will probably grab a few minnows before i go out next time, but any ideas/tips to get into some of the other species?

It was one of the first times i had fished out there so im not too familiar with any of the lake specifics.

Thanks

milemark_714

My cousin and his friend fish panfish there.They fish straight out from Franklin St. in about 25′ or so of water.Crappies suspend in this lake,and they use minnows or waxies on green rocker spoons.Don’t be afraid to fish a larger bait here.

Don’t know about gamefish,they do not use tipups.

tbrooks11

Thats interesting to hear that they are into the larger baits, I might have to try out a slender spoon my next time out. The gills were all in giant schools and mostly suspended too, at first i thought my flasher was just going crazy.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

Any size to those gills? I’ve never found more than 1 or 2 that were worth keeping. I also get crappies in 25 ft. Probably in the same area. Tail hooked on a glow demon jig. Rattlin’ flyer jigs-glow red with minnow heads or waxies. It can be an awesome bite. It gets pretty slow about an hour or so after dark.

tbrooks11

Same story here, a few worth keeping, but not nearly enough to make a worthwhile meal so all were released. The bit was really hot for about an hour before sunset and couldnt trigger a bite once the sun went down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.