LX6 Color Issues

• Ty.Bruner
    North Dakota

Just got the LX6 as a Christmas present. Had it out once or twice and noticed it is not displaying the crisp, dark colors that I think it should be. The green that I’ve seen in other videos, or in pictures on the box is displayed as more of a turquoise, and the red color rarely shows up. The color does get a little better if I crank the sensitivity up to around 12 to 17, but I know it shouldn’t have to be this high. Anybody know of what is going on?

joetc
    Rogers and Longville, MN

That’s normal. The colors are a little lighter and different then traditional flashers. When you do get dark red you know i’ts a nice fish! Just set the sensativety based on seeing your bait as you normally would and you’ll quickly get used to the color difference and you’ll also start seeing the advantage you get with having six colors, great target separation and a thin target line. You won’t get the blobs when fish are bunched up and you can really tell the difference is size of fish.

Joe

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Use the 6 color palette not the 3 color, sensitivity is doubled so you can run around 5-7 and color is much better.

Ty.Bruner
    North Dakota

Do you think there is any difference in the color display from the LX6 and the LX7? The yellow and green that my LX6 displays are very similar in color, just not what I expected to see by going off of some other pictures and videos. I do use the six color pallet, which does help in many ways. I just watched the last InDepthOutdoors perch video where they showed a couple of times the screen of their LX7 and it really shows the color better than what I have seen on mine so far, and they had their sensitivity really low…..Just want to make sure that my unit is working correctly since I just got it.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

If you are concerned about the display colors on your unit I would go into a store that has both the 6 and 7 and compare them. Like was mentioned before make sure you are using the R O Y G B I V color palette. You will see you senestivity setting drop as you will be taking the best advantage of the units display abilities. Also the LX 6 & LX 7 have differant gain curves there for they will run differant sensitivity setting even in the exact same conditions.

See if you can post some pictures of the display and let us look.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Here is a picture from last weekend. This is my LX 6, how do the colors compare to yours? As you can see I am running the R O Y G B I V color palette.

Ty.Bruner
    North Dakota

Here is what they say should be a green color. This is just in simulator mode. This comparable to anyone else’s LX7 or LX6?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.