Thank you Chicago

• troutbum
    St. Paul

As fan of the Green and Gold, Id just like to thank Chicago from the bottom of my heart.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I wonder if they paid extra for the whining.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

As a fan of the Bears, I think they could have done better and I think they could do worse. I also think the new admin will be trying to find a young QB and mold them into a starter.

I am ok with the move.

phoyem
    Minneapolis

As a bears fan, I don’t have a problem with this, and am somewhat excited to see the bears will have a solid, above average QB for awhile.

There are a lot of Cutler haters out there, and while he’s not elite (brady, manning, brees) he’s still better than many other teams starting quarterbacks (cough, vikings).

Most of the bears problems this year (including the last GB game) involved Cutler playing anywhere from OK go good, while the defense cannot stop teams when they need to.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

DITKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    85!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

That one is a head-scratcher for sure …RR

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Not for me. There are only a handful of elite quarterbacks. There are only a handful of serviceable quarterbacks and Cutler is one of those. If you don’t have a elite you might as well have a serviceable one.

Minnesota
    Arizona
    St. Louis
    Tampa Bay
    Buffalo
    NY Jets
    Cleveland
    Texas
    Tennessee

all have below average quarterbacks. Why would Chicago want to join that group? Trestman will get Cutler squared away, he will never be elite, but he will win you some games. As someone else mentioned they will try and secure a young quarterback to groom to replace Cutler in 4 years. There is no way the Bears think Cutler will be starting in year 5 of this contract.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Quote:

a head-scratcher! Really! what is Cutler’s record against the Pack? Have you not heard the chant “Who’s Your Daddy”

Love the move

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

Well at least now the Bears have a good backup QB……………….to be continued!!!

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

If / when the Bears fix their defense they won’t need to rely so heavily on the QB to dig them out of holes the defense gives up. Defense was just plain awful this year and the head scratcher to me is how / why have they not fired the defensive coordinator?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m not a Cutler fanatic and think that he is the fix all to the Bears problems. But when your trying to fix a leaking ship, you don’t need to take more chances and create more problems. At least the Bears will have a decent QB locked in until they can secure an elite if/when one comes available. Meanwhile, they can work on fixing the defensive issues that they have.
    For the satistics, Cutler didn’t do all that bad. Considering he only played 11 games, he still ranked 18th for the 2013 season. Then look at how many scoring plays the defense put a bow on it and gave them out like Christmas gifts

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I have to give the Bears their props. Those two big receivers and the much improved offensive line could make Cutler look good. If they can find a couple good tight ends, they will be dangerous to the Lions and Vikings.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.