Help selecting a fishing location!

• thegun
    mn

Ok the FW has two weeks off.. Last two of January. so we were thinking of taking off and go someplace warm.. We want to stay in the states. someplace with a beach!

So what is in season ans where? we are open to suggestions.

we most likely will only fish a couple days and do other things the rest of the time.

Oh and not looking to go trolling!

thanx
    Corey

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Sanibel Island Florida

FryDog62

Naples area, Captain Dean Bos… Or if you have a boat. My best suggestion for mid-winter… one of the more available fish is the Tripletail. Along the gulf shore, there are large styrofoam floats (volleyball sized) marking where lobster traps are all along the coast not far off shore. You can buzz by them fairly quickly. About every forth float you can see a dark shadow staring up at the float for some reason…. Those are the Tripltail. They are mesmerized by the float. Stop, hook a live shrimp, cast just past the float and reel back in front of shadow and POW! They are like a large crappie and one of the best tasting fish. Just be careful of the razor sharp gill plate and the size/slot limit. Snook and Tarpon aren’t that active in Jan/Feb but the Tripletail are. I’ll be there first week of Feb and that’s where I’ll be!

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

My in-laws have fished the inter-coastal waterway in Florida several years, with various guides and even on their own with a boat that came with a room rental! They have fished redfish, red snapper, yellowtail, and others. They were able to take them to the restaurants and have them prepare the catch as well!They even shipped some home and man was it tasty! Let me know if you are interested and I could get you some guide names and places to stay!

thegun
    mn

interested! ya getting the catch prepared would be great! late january a good time?

send me some guid info if you have some? Florida would be great! never been there and was thinking of that but wasnt sure what to expect for fishing this time of year!

thanx for the info to you guys that have replied.. will check some of this out and try and make some sort of a decision..

Corey

thegun
    mn

Boat with room rental???

smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

Florida Keys – can’t get any further south, beaches and water are beautiful and fishing opportunities abound for many different types of fish. Do some research for what fish are in season on the web. Islamorada or Marathon are centrally located with big fleets of fishing boats for back country to blue water.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.