Winona Area

• tbrooks11

Has anybody been out on the ice in the Winona area, more specifically Lake Winona? I’ve never fished out there but i was thinking about stopping out for a few hours tomorrow afternoon. I dont have a house or a flasher so maybe not even that long. Not looking for any spots, just an idea on how to find a few bites from any species!

Thanks in advance!

jordanb
    SE MN

DNR Lake Maps

Hmille10

I have never fished that area but if all else fails it never hurts to ask a local bait shop also! Good Luck!

tbrooks11

Haha, thank you jordan and hunter

Art

Haven’t been able to get out myself, bad back. Stopped last Friday and talked to couple guys coming off. They had a bunch of sunfish. Not real big but were eaters. They just walked out about 50 yards from the landing.Might try and get down today. Will be in a red Jimmy and small black flip over. Be toward end of lake. Stop by. Will let you know if doing anything. Won’t be far from shore as I can’t walk too far yet but got to get out. Been housebound for 2 weeks and going nuts.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Not sure if they still have them but Daniels Hardware used to carry lake maps that were just photo copies but they were free.

tbrooks11

Thanks for the help guys. A few buddies and I fished on the smaller of the 2 lakes and caught 1 little crappie, then we went back to the landing on the larger lake and walked out about 100 yards. We marked a few fish in a few hours, but couldnt get any takers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.