Lithium batteries?

• iceman35
    upstate New York

Lithium batteries?
    How about a little morning coffee chit chat… What do you guys think about the Lithium Battery deal? I know the price is a big negative but what about the postives? anybody look into these? my thoughts are that these are a bigger deal to a smaller boat… greater % weight savings. Charging? My next boat will be smaller, tiller, Batteries probably up front… I could actually see a bigger benefit from these… I also see an investment in a set of these staying with you and travelling from boat to boat…
    I’m hoping you guys do my research for me and help me spend my money…
    Whatchathink?

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

If you don’t mind the initial investment cost, I think it could be a good thing. After the rated number of charge cycles,3000-5000, they supposedly drop to 85% of there rated capacity unlike standard lead-acid batteries that one day just leave you powerless. Not to mention the weight reduction, that could translate to higher top end speeds and reduced fuel consumption.

run&gun
    MN

Some of the bass pros run them and stake there livelihood is on them. If you can afford them there really is no other negative. Some of those pros have $12000 worth of batteries.

iceman35
    upstate New York

Great review from a little different perspective… I’m thinking that since alot of guys here have batteries up front, the savings may be even better than a bassboat…
    at least a few bucks everytime you fill up… more you fish and tow, more you save… could be 60-90#s lighter up front… (4-6 bowling balls).
    I won’t be buying anything till next spring so alot can evolve till then…

castle-rock-clown

I love my lithiums, my psycotic episodes are greatly diminished with them…but these “batteries” you talk of, aren’t they hard to swallow, or do you just lick them?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.