Dickinson North Dakota

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Looks like I’ll be heading out there in the next couple of weeks. Question…. will I have any trouble finding a decent motel room there? Is it far enough from the oil patch that I shouldn’t have any problems finding something.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

You had better book you rooms now IF you can get them. Everything I have heard from buddies that travel that far out is …. it can be very very tough to get a room. Bismarck & Minot will not be as bad but once again plan a head. Dickinson is actually on the bottom part of the oil patch and there is all kinds of oil rigs and business all over to the north.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Quote:

You had better book you rooms now IF you can get them. Everything I have heard from buddies that travel that far out is …. it can be very very tough to get a room. Bismarck & Minot will not be as bad but once again plan a head. Dickinson is actually on the bottom part of the oil patch and there is all kinds of oil rigs and business all over to the north.

x2 I have family out there and the stories are crazy. build a hotel and one of the oil companies rents out all the rooms for the next year or two. Best of luck!

One note if Dickinson is booked then look east to find a hotel.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I have not been out that way for a while; but what the guys are saying sounds right to me. If you can spend some time in the south unit of Teddy Roosevelt. Not sure how open it will be this time of the year.

dd

MikeLarson

I work out there book now or you wont find anything

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Quote:

X3

You might get lucky but the odds are against you. I would look in Bismarck first as Minot is about double the distance from Dickinson. Good luck and have fun in God’s country!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Looks like it’s only 90 miles from Bismark. I’ll likely just stay there.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Comfort Suites in Bismarck is a good place and reasonable plus they give you a couple of free drink coupons when you check in.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I go every once in a while for work. There is a Americ INN west on 94 from dickinson (the next city)that I have no problems getting into.

prieser
    Byron, MN

You’ll drive by a little town of Richardton (east of Dickenson about 15-20 miles) It has a small motel and it’s a great little town. Spent a week there a few years ago. Good Luck

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Advice to start looking ASAP would seem to me to be right on.

My sister had to do survey work out there last year mapping sites for new cell towers and finding rooms was a giant cluster ####. She ended up finding a room in Minot, but then had to take a second person with her so they could share driving duties because they were working 16-18 hours a day from the time they left the hotel until the time they got back. Staying closer to the survey sights was not an option, so they had to base out of Minot and drive to each site from there.

One of my clients has a sales rep out there in North Dakota and they had to buy him a small RV about 5 years ago. He used to stay in hotels as he worked the territory, now he drives around in a freaking RV because there’s nowhere to stay. They bought him a special RV from some Canadian company that makes RVs for winter use, the whole thing took about a year to figure out how to keep this guy working the territory. It’s that bad.

Grouse

frezerfisher

We go doggin out in that area. No place to stay. Haven’t been out there in two years.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Try this place Brian, it sits kind of on the outskirts of the oil field madness, I have stayed there several times. It is on the northeast side of lake Sakakawea.

garrisonmotel.com/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.