Thanks Mr. Holst

• Dadams
    Emmetsburg, Iowa

I thought I had a tackle box filled and ready to attack the ice this winter until I turn on the show this morning and see how we’ll you did near Ely with the new VMC spoons. Heading soon to my local shop to stock up. Anything else new I should look for when I am there?

A lure serves 2 purposes – The most important being able to “catch” the fishermen in the wallet!

BBKK
    IA

No offense, but I bet the sponsors just absolutely love that. Happened last year too with the slender spoons. Hey, whatever works though.. I guess its a good thing people are trying new lures and keeping the money flowing to the sponsors.

ryan-kalberer
    Detroit Lakes, MN

Quote:

No offense, but I bet the sponsors just absolutely love that. Happened last year too with the slender spoons. Hey, whatever works though.. I guess its a good thing people are trying new lures and keeping the money flowing to the sponsors.

Well the fact is, its pretty hard to make a show with a lure that doesn’t work. So they must work pretty good! Never hurts to have another lure in the arsenal.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Quote:

Quote:

Well the fact is, its pretty hard to make a show with a lure that doesn’t work. So they must work pretty good! Never hurts to have another lure in the arsenal.

Ditto, I have been using the tinglers out in SD already and believe me, they catch fish. – QB

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

We all know that’s not true Quintin. Pretty tough to get out fishing when the guy is hammering the mallards and honkers. Just sayin…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The fish pick the winners. I just keep switching up baits until something works.

That said I don’t think anyone needs to run out and stock up on Tinglers if they already own Slenders. The baits are so very similar in shape and action that they’re almost interchangeable.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

keeping the money flowing to the sponsors.

Imagine if people didn’t buy things that work. Quality products wouldn’t be stocked in stores and companies wouldn’t invest in research and development. Some years are lame for new products and some years give us leaps and bounds in Inovated products and technologies. I say kudos to any company that continues to improve their products to give us an opportunity to improve our productivity.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Quote:

The fish pick the winners. I just keep switching up baits until something works.

That said I don’t think anyone needs to run out and stock up on Tinglers if they already own Slenders. The baits are so very similar in shape and action that they’re almost interchangeable.

Haha, well I went out and bought half a dozen vmc spoons the other day… I’m sure I will more than likely use the slender spoons when there is good light and the vmc glow spoons when it is cloudy or after dark.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Quote:

Quote:

keeping the money flowing to the sponsors.

Imagine if people didn’t buy things that work. Quality products wouldn’t be stocked in stores and companies wouldn’t invest in research and development. Some years are lame for new products and some years give us leaps and bounds in Inovated products and technologies. I say kudos to any company that continues to improve their products to give us an opportunity to improve our productivity.

and then there’s BK and his stinkbait.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

While I can guarentee that your old spoons aren’t going to quit working just because new ones come out there are a couple improvements with the new VMC spoons that I can already see are going to help me put more fish on the ice.

First, the gold perch colored tingler is hands down the most realistic perch bait that I’ve fished, early season this bait is going to be attached to one of my rods at all times. Secondly the VMC Tingler spoons with solid glow back on a “fluttering” type spoon fills a gap in my spoon box that I previously have had to fill by adding my own custom paint job to a slender spoon.

– Will

Dadams
    Emmetsburg, Iowa

I just need an excuse to visit the bait shop. Good thread going here guys.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.