Hot air balloon ride?

• c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

My wife turns 40 in a couple of weeks, and I want to do something special for her. A hot air balloon ride is on her bucket list, so I may go that route. The ride doesn’t have to take place until next spring, but I would want to give her a certificate for a ride.

I am looking for recommendations on a company to use near the Twin Cities or Western Wisconsin. Does anyone have experience with Aamodt’s, Stillwater Balloons or Windrider (in Eau Claire, WI). I would also be interested in other companies that do this.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

My wife did the same thing for me,we went through amodts
    I loved it they were very professional and it was a great present.
    You have to be prepared with multiple reservation dates when you go it is very dependent on the wind speed and direction before they will go.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

My wife turns 40 in a couple of weeks, and I want to do something special for her. A hot air balloon ride is on her bucket list, so I may go that route. The ride doesn’t have to take place until next spring, but I would want to give her a certificate for a ride.

I am looking for recommendations on a company to use near the Twin Cities or Western Wisconsin. Does anyone have experience with Aamodt’s, Stillwater Balloons or Windrider (in Eau Claire, WI). I would also be interested in other companies that do this.

I guess the question is….do you want a reputable company that will get her back on the ground or one that will let her blow away?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I used StillwaterBalloon.com to take up the whole fam damily, well I didn’t go. Someone had to be on the ground to video tape it.

They have a great reputation and are frequently launching out of Lakeland, MN.

I remember the Oakdale Police Officers question when they landed in a residential area, “Where do you normally land?”

Sincere question…but I couldn’t hold the video camera still for laughing so hard…and trying not to laugh!

c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

I guess the question is….do you want a reputable company that will get her back on the ground or one that will let her blow away?

I’ll be with her, so a safe landing would be appreciated.

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

My wife enjoyed the 2 balloon rides she had from Stillwater balloon. They launch out of Lakeland next to the bar off saint croix trail. I won both trips in a walleye tournament 2 years in a row. They were door prizes.

The first scheduled date for each trip did not happen due to weather so be prepaired for at least one cancelation and a somewhat last min go time.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

My son, Dan, is a hot air balloon pilot for Stillwater Balloon, launches out of Lakeland.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.