Osprey

• belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Very cool! thanks for posting…

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Seen this before, and always an impressive view. Can’t imagine the hours they put in to get that much good video. Very cool.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Way cool. There use to be 4 or 5 of them show up each spring on the pond near my house. use to sit on the neighbors deck and watch them. You sure could tell the older from the younger birds. The old one’s almost never missed. The younger birds were about 50 / 50. The pond froze out 2 winters ago and they have not returned. I did notice a few Goldfish in the pond this spring so maybe they will return next spring. I hope so. It was fun watching them.

Zach H

I guess I never knew how big these birds actually were. That is pretty impressive! Great video. Thanks for posting!

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

They forgot to include the footage of the Bald Eagle chasing the osprey down and stealing its hard earned fish… I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen that happen. Ospreys are faster until they get a big fish in their grips… then the eagles make their move, run them down and bird dog them until the osprey drops the fish.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Wow a neat to watch. I guess being on the bottom of the lake doesn’t really matter. You are never safe fish.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.