Vikes in big trouble

• moger88

Ponder bad. Cassell worse. Good thing we have 28.

ozzyky
    On water

Not a Vikes fan but don’t get the strategy of not getting the offense in sync. Why not run A.P a few times and get the play action timing down with Ponder and Jennings. Week one isn’t the time to start, but enjoyed watching the struggles.

taz
    Frederic wi

Because they know that if AP is injured they have no chance at making a playoff run. Just look at last year and then look at two years ago.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Ponder is your franchise qb.

the_grump
    Le Center

2nd down and 30 and they call two 5 yd pass plays? Its preseason, could you try going deep? Ponder isn’t taking this team anywhere.

hunter1723

I as a packers fan still want to see ponder at the helm and not Cassel

Zach H

Quote:

X2

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Haters

iceman35
    upstate New York

preaseason, less practice thanks to CBA… only so many Mannings to go around… Lotta teams look bad, not showing their cards… FYI… Lotta injuries around the league… may be a factor…

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

and your (Fudgies) running back is ??????

Anybody hanging their hat on Ponder is on crack… this is preseason folks… we haven’t even played 60% of our team yet (AP ) remember last years predictions, 6-10 or so at best from so many of you smart people thought so (don’t make me pull up old posts again)

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I remember last year everyone thought they’d go 3-13 with Ponder. There was panic in Viking Territory.

Would I like to have a veteran Pro Bowler, one of the elites like Manning, Brees, Brady or even the young studs like Kaepernick, Wilson or RG3 on our team? Absolutely. But I bet there are quite a few teams with good passing games that would love to have half the running game we have.

mike_anderson
    Alborn,Minnesota

I like the vikings because I live in MN. Most quarterbacks stand on the sideline and watch a vet qb and learn how to play at the NFL level. Ponder is growing without having the chance to do that. Sure thereare exceptions like Andrew and RGIII but how many years did Aaron watch Farve????? I believe it was a good decision to rest Adrian and not risk an injury. As far as getting the timing down with ponder and recievers thats what practice is for. I dont pay too close attention to the Vikes because they arent my favorite team, but they are growing and rebuilding well imo.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

I like the vikings because I live in MN. Most quarterbacks stand on the sideline and watch a vet qb and learn how to play at the NFL level. Ponder is growing without having the chance to do that. Sure thereare exceptions like Andrew and RGIII but how many years did Aaron watch Farve????? I believe it was a good decision to rest Adrian and not risk an injury. As far as getting the timing down with ponder and recievers thats what practice is for. I dont pay too close attention to the Vikes because they arent my favorite team, but they are growing and rebuilding well imo.

If it’s watching a veteran QB is what makes a young QB great then all Ponder should have to do is watch film of Brett when he was a viking.

Favre was of little help to Rodgers, he even stated it was not his job to mentor his replacement.

The Viking will be pretty much the same team as last year, but remember their schedule is tougher this year.

G if you want my prediction for this year, here you go.

The first 4 games they will be lucky to go 2-2.

The remaining 12 games 6-6 maybe 7-5.

I hope I’m wrong and the Vikings win 10 or 11 games and make the play-offs, it’s always good to see a North division team make it, unless it’s the Bears!

Any team would love to have AP, could you imagine having him on a team that also has a good passing game!!

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

As a life long Viking fan… I am confident that… these preseason performances are simply a way to get us used to disappointment. They are conditioning us for the regular season.

mike_anderson
    Alborn,Minnesota

So rodgers stood on the sidelines with his eyes closed?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Ponder had DDonovan McNabb to watch. You have to give him at least a full season to flush that out of his system. This year is his year.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I love nearly every part of our team this year.. except our QB. He doesn’t have it and never will. Something all of us fans have been saying for the past 2 years is that he feels comfortable throwing a 7 yard out and nothing else..and it’s so true. Even last night on NFL network the guys were talking about his brutal fear of throwing the ball more than 15 yards. With AP in the back there’s no reason why playaction shouldn’t work for some bigger gains. I am probly the biggest optimist when it comes to the Vikings but my Ponder leash is getting awfully short. And the backup appears to be even worse.. I don’t know,, who really knows.. Maybe we can catch some of that magic from last years second half and have a decent start.

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

Quote:

I love nearly every part of our team this year.. except our QB. He doesn’t have it and never will. Something all of us fans have been saying for the past 2 years is that he feels comfortable throwing a 7 yard out and nothing else..and it’s so true. Even last night on NFL network the guys were talking about his brutal fear of throwing the ball more than 15 yards. With AP in the back there’s no reason why playaction shouldn’t work for some bigger gains. I am probly the biggest optimist when it comes to the Vikings but my Ponder leash is getting awfully short. And the backup appears to be even worse.. I don’t know,, who really knows.. Maybe we can catch some of that magic from last years second half and have a decent start.

Checkdown Charlie!

Ponder does suck. I don’t get why he was ever drafted. He wasn’t even a very good college player. It is too bad that AP may end up being wasted. Hope I am wrong and Christian can take another step, but I just don’t get what the front office is thinking. Stack your team, then put a 3rd rate QB in there.
    PS I think we are gonna miss Winfield this year too. Dumb move to let him walk IMO.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Checkdown Charlie!

Ponder does suck. I don’t get why he was ever drafted. He wasn’t even a very good college player. It is too bad that AP may end up being wasted. Hope I am wrong and Christian can take another step, but I just don’t get what the front office is thinking. Stack your team, then put a 3rd rate QB in there.
    PS I think we are gonna miss Winfield this year too. Dumb move to let him walk IMO.

My only hope for this year is that AP makes his goal of 2500 yards. Hell… a superbowl is out of the question with our QB situation… he might as well have some great mark in his career!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

So rodgers stood on the sidelines with his eyes closed?

Of course he watched, but if that is all it takes then everyone could be an NFL QB just by watching games on Sunday.

You need to be talented and I don’t think Ponder would be any better if he had 20 years of watching Joe Montana or Tom Brady.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I think I would prefer Cassel in there. We know what he can and can’t do. Yeah… he sucks some/most of the time. But… Ponder sucks all of the time and Cassel can throw the long ball. Cassel HAS had good years in the past. Ponder has not.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

I think I would prefer Cassel in there. We know what he can and can’t do. Yeah… he sucks some/most of the time. But… Ponder sucks all of the time and Cassel can throw the long ball. Cassel HAS had good years in the past. Ponder has not.

I’d agree with you but god he sucks too! Missing by SO much on even his short throws.. I guess maybe he does sucks a little less.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

my prediction, as alway I feel this is the year and the queens will win the super bowl….again!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Its jinx time.

Ponder will not surprise anyone and be the best QB in the league.

The Vikings will go 0-16

The Vikings will not win the Super Bowl

Adrian Peterson will not run for over 2,500 yards.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Graham Harrell is available

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

A curse has been cast on all of Dairy Land

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Its jinx time.

Ponder will not surprise anyone and be the best QB in the league.

The Vikings will go 0-16

The Vikings will not win the Super Bowl

Adrian Peterson will not run for over 2,500 yards.

Now there are predictions that would impress Nostradamus!

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Ponder is garbage. I don’t care how many ribbons you tie on his arm. Still garb. Waste of a good draft pick. Good one vikes

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Now there are predictions that would impress Nostradamus!

I need Brian H to explain the jinx. I cannot, I’ll undo it.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I watched the game. I don’t know if the Vikings stink out loud or the Niners are just that good. Probably a little of both is what I saw. The battle for second in the north is going to be a dog fight.

KS

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.