Gillespie

• vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Ugh, watching this show is soooo stressful. Dude is such a friggin spaz!!! Yet, somehow I haven’t turned it off…

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

The wife just said the same thing

I’m leaving it on

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

In recent years I think he’s traded in alcohol for caffeine.

superstar
    Breezy Point, MN

I cant imagine what the guy was like as a child.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Kids get a kick when they start dancing.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

It is all a big gimmick

It got your attention didn’t it ?

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Well, I’ve come across his show many times over the years, so it wasn’t a real surprise. Really drives me crazy when he does an ice fishing show and steals everyone’s fish straight out of the hole and shakes it at the camera. I’d be like “get your own damn fish ya loudmouth freak”!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Makes you long for the days of Tony Dean, eh?

blufloyd

35 years since I saw the show. 14 years without TV. He is a spaz.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

14 years without TV, but you have a computer? How does the fiction on fishing web sites stack up against the TV shows as you remember them?

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Quote:

Quote:

14 years without TV, but you have a computer? How does the fiction on fishing web sites stack up against the TV shows as you remember them?

I bet it’s way better than artificial reality TV!

steve_foss
    Ely, MN, USA

I watched a show several years ago. Shut it off after five minutes of him shouting. Watched another one a few years later. Same crap, different year. Never watched another one.

I’m all for celebrating a big fish. But I fish for love, and to teach, and to share the spirit of the thing. When you get someone who is so loud you can’t even hear yourself think, why would you want to fish with that person?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

When you get someone who is so loud you can’t even hear yourself think, why would you want to fish with that person?

My thoughts exactly.

little-t
    Plymouth WI

Even though I agree that he does act like a dork- he still has a large “fan base”.
    Hey BK- isn’t that shirt the one you wore when Fred and I fished w/you the first time?
    See you in a couple weeks

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

Quote:

When you get someone who is so loud you can’t even hear yourself think, why would you want to fish with that person?

My thoughts exactly.

Your starting to look like a chia pet

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

My thoughts exactly.

Your starting to look like a chia pet

MY thoughts exactly!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Hey BK, do you get a free bowl of soup with that shirt?

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

Cripes, BK. You know we can’t un-see that?

chomps
    Sioux City IA

would you guys take a coffee break, I know two of those guys who do some dancing, they all speak very highly of the guy. They get invited to go out on many trip with him. John comes over to MN to fish once or twice and share their knowledge with him and he gives back 10 times. The guy is loud, but my TV came with this thing called a remote control and after a few years I caught on that I could actully adjust the volume, and even found a mute button! What will they think of next? I love the Johnsonville breaks

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

I watched a show several years ago. Shut it off after five minutes of him shouting. Watched another one a few years later. Same crap, different year. Never watched another one.

Exact same thing with me.

desperado

Quote:

Cripes, BK. You know we can’t un-see that?

^ becomin’ a trend around here

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Love the show. If you can’t have fun fishin’ then why bother? Last episode makes me want to get over to Mad Town and catch a cooler full of salmon!!

-J.

hnd

he has a ton of fun. heaven forbid.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

he fishes fresh water fish not named bass (all the time) + in waters I know and fish/am able to fish = I’ll watch every time no matter what he is doing because there are VERY VERY VERY few of those shows on TV. Now if there was as many freshwater fishing shows as there are bass and saltwater shows, the guy wouldn’t have survived as long as he has.

PB2

Quote:

Love the show. If you can’t have fun fishin’ then why bother? Last episode makes me want to get over to Mad Town and catch a cooler full of salmon!!

-J.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

The show does offer some excellent information on fishing. The guides on the show are some of the top fisherman around in my opinion. He gets a little excited, so what, at least he is enjoying the outdoors. Really what’s the difference, between a bass tournament show and his? The bass fisherman will be doing the chicken dance on the front deck of the boat and then yelling sweet Jesus, thank you lord, while yelling and screaming all through out looking for his Frabil too! That brings tears to my eyes laughing as well. This world needs a little humor in it!

little-t
    Plymouth WI

I agree. Fishing should be fun! I get excited over a nice walter myself. Although maybe not to that extreme.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Is it just me? Or does anyone one else see the fuzzy man in a pink tutu

And your calling Gillespe crazy?

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

What’s worse, a guy in a pink cut shirt with a bad midrif, or the guy shooting snakes in his grungees?

Or c, both answers are correct??

ET

carmike

I watch him with one eye closed.

Gillespie, that is. I’m fairly new here, but that BK guy has already forced two trips to the eye doctor.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.