marine batteries

• jtetzloff

i just bought brand new Lund Tyee 1800 about month ago. Came with Terrova 80 troller. Last week one battery went bad already. they are Northern batteries that the dealer installed with the boat. Anyone with experience on Northern batteries? one dealer said they are the cheapest out there…What batteries would you recommend for trolling motors?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I had two 5 year lod Interstate Batteries in my Ranger… Just swapped them out for new Interstate Batteries..

Group 29’s

I think they will run around $160 each… I know they sell a bit cheaper too..

Check out this post I just did

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I just had my 2 Northern gorup 27 die on my 2008, so I got 5 years out of them. Menards has Exide batteries for $78 group size 27 and you get a 11% that price so I am going to try them.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I had all sorts of issues with teh Northern batteries I got from the manufacturer when I bought my boat new. I went through a bunch of BS because I thought now way could have been the batteries. All 3 were junk. I bought Platinum DieHard AGM’s (for the Terrova)from Sears and they made all the differenece and are going strong 4 years later. Also I got a walmart cranking battery and that is working fine as well.

jtetzloff

why would a dealer install cheap batteries in a $36000 boat?

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I run Cabela’s AGM Group 31 batteries in my Ranger, and I love’um

Best batteries I’ve ever run, not to mention they come with an 18 month warranty

eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

Best batteries I’ve ever run, not to mention they come with an 18 month warranty

X2

hunter1723

Two words for you “Profit Margin”

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

Interstate

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

optima blue tops. hands down. I run two 31 series blue tops and have had them for 5 years and they still hold strong. had them on my possessive and now with my terova. I wouldn’t use any other brand

joemama
    North St Paul

Quote:

Quote:

X2

x3

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

Quote:

X2

bclii
    MN/AZ

Quote:

i just bought brand new Lund Tyee 1800 about month ago. Came with Terrova 80 troller. Last week one battery went bad already. they are Northern batteries that the dealer installed with the boat. Anyone with experience on Northern batteries? one dealer said they are the cheapest out there…What batteries would you recommend for trolling motors?

That’s what CP Marine used, one can see their still around!
    Group 31, AGM

igotone

I run Cabela’s AGM Group 27 batteries in my Warrior, and I love’um

Best batteries I’ve ever run

have had one set in my V177 since 05 and they still hold charge at 100%

Yes – they do not have the run time they use 2 and take a bit longer to charge — but I can live with that

they have never been out of boat since they were put in and have spent the winters in a unheated garage

patk
    Nisswa, MN

One note, I took the advice to get the Cabela’s AGM batteries two weeks ago. They use bolts that screw in to the battery for posts. Depending on luck of the draw you may get too long of a bolt.

You can fix this by either adding a bunch of washers or getting the right size bolts from a hardware store. Thanks to another IDOer I knew to get metric size threads.

Installed it a week ago. Seems great so far but final review for me will be in a few years.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.