Boat tarp snap repair

• 396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

My custom made boat travel cover is in need of some repair. I have a few snaps that need to be replaced a couple got pulled out of the cover and some got knocked off from a dock since the snaps are under the rub rail.

The tarp did suffer a rip but back by the motor which needs to be cleaned up and hemmed to fix.

Beach upholstery originally made the cover but they seem to be closed so someone close to cottage grove would be great.

Thanks please email me [email protected]

buck-slayer

I would like to buy the tool that installs the snaps. Does anyone know where I can get one?

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

If you are just replacing, you can get repair kits at any hardware store, Walmart,Home Depot,etc. Should include a 2 piece setting tool. I sewed a piece of denim on the backside of my rip with my wife’s machine. Still holding

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I pick up a snap repair/replace kit at Menards…

18fisher
    Hastings,MN

Erickson marine just down the road has the snaps and the tool. I bring my cover in and if you know how to use the tool (its easy) they let you.use it for nothing. You just buy the snaps. I have found their snaps to be heavier duty than the ones at the hardware store. I had my cover fixed last year at tarps inc. In savage and they do good work.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

If you are just replacing, you can get repair kits at any hardware store, Walmart,Home Depot,etc. Should include a 2 piece setting tool. I sewed a piece of denim on the backside of my rip with my wife’s machine. Still holding

Yup, got mine at walmart in the craft department

fishin
    Blaine, MN

I have a couple of rips in my cover, what have you found to be the best patch or repair method?

Thanks.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Ah, boat cover snaps, the angler’s Kryptonite…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.