Sounds like a good year for Morrells

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I talked to a guy during lunch day befor yesterday about mushrooms. He’s from around the Muscatiene area here in Iowa and he said thier finding grays and lots of them and thier big. He said the average is 3″ to 4″ tall, thats pretty good size for grays. If the same holds true the yellows should be really good.

dbrode
    Mingo, IA

good stories coming from Albia and Knoxville area too. Wont be long! Good luck

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Good to hear Dbrode, With the abundant moisture we’ve got I think conditions are about as perfect as they can get. We’ve had a few days of sun then a few days of rain. If we can get 10 to 15 days of good warm sunshine I think the mushrooms will really go to town around here. The next week to 10 days is nearly all sunshine and temps in the 70’s and 80’s, things may be looking and headed for a bumper year.

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

Been a decent year around Galesburg IL. area for the early grays & small yellows, but the big grays & yellows have been coming real good last couple days! we’ve picked close to 500 shrooms! My grandssons had a ball & so did the old guy!!

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

This is des Moines on thursday 4 guys 2 hours

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

good thing itll still be another 2-3 weeks here in south st. croix

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

This a Midwest delicacy that I love, instead of eating out tonight I made my own mothers day meal.. oh so goood.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.