Morels in the area yet?

• bigpike

So as the saying goes – when the lilacs are the size of squirrels ear. Well my lilacs are that size! Anyone finding them in the area?

jonboy
    Wausau, WI

No lilacs, no shrooms yet…in Northern parts

riverruns
    Inactive

Its lilacs blooming or oak leaves the size of a squirrel ear.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

bigpike:

He beat me to the punch!!! Might be getting out on either Nokomis or Mohawkskin yet this week…

Mark

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I was in Richland County yesterday afternoon and checked a few of my early spots – BLANKED

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I’d say in a week around here

bigpike

Thanks, the lilac flower buds are not there yet. Oh well…and to think there was someone wishing for fall yesterday

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

We need a warm rain and a few good days of temps like today after. I looking on the 17th by my mom’s east of Wausau, hopefully it will be prime time!!!

bigpike

Quote:

Quote:

bigpike:

He beat me to the punch!!! Might be getting out on either Nokomis or Mohawkskin yet this week…

Mark

Mark, I wish I could join you, love the Wisconsin river impoundments in that part of the state!

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

I was out this past weekend in my neck of the woods…nothing!

Jake_A

I have found a few tiny tiny ones here in Pierce Co. That is all. I am hoping by the weekend the ground will be covered. Hoping.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

Quote:

I have found a few tiny tiny ones here in Pierce Co. That is all. I am hoping by the weekend the ground will be covered. Hoping.

well Im sure this is the weekend the woods will be full

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Non here as of yet, .

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

still quiet on the pierce/st croix Co border front

bl00dwe1ser
    LaCrosse, WI

I’ve heard of some sightings in southern WI. I’m heading out in a couple hours. I’ll report back if I find anything. I’m guessing another week or two.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

A friend of mine went fishing and walked along this path to the river. He found a few false morrells that were 6″ high so it won’t be long. I’d bet 10 bucks thier finding grays, just haven’t heard about them yet, by this weekend it will be a good time to start looking here for anything with size for the grays.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

This rain last night and today is just what we needed! After a cooler weekend they could explode around the twin cities next week.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I counted 68 in part of my back yard last night.. I figured it was too early for them to be out and may have something wrong with them so I cut em with the mower.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

I counted 68 in part of my back yard last night.. I figured it was too early for them to be out and may have something wrong with them so I cut em with the mower.

Get a rope!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.