NFC North Battle

• tbrooks11

Wow, very eventful draft for the vikings tonight. Too early to tell how improved they are, but it could make the division battle a lot more interesting. I still have plenty of faith GB will be just fine in defending the division crown. Going to be very interesting for me, as 4 of my roommates next year are diehard, sh** talking viking fans. Cant wait!!!!

Is it too early to start the official 2013 NFL thread?

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I see the Packers upgraded their Rb situa…..

The Packers got that CB they desir…………

Vikings win the division next year, 12-4!!

ET

tbrooks11

The secondary isnt so much the worry for the pack. You could have the best secondary in the league, but if you dont get pressure on the qb you wont be able to stop a decent passing attack. I like the pick, wouldnt have minded lacy or elam, like you would have guessed, but this guy looks like a beast… to say the least

BBKK
    IA

Tell your vikings friends what I’ve been saying all night. 2-3 good college players doesn’t turn your team into winners or NFC champs.

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

Quote:

Tell your vikings friends what I’ve been saying all night. 2-3 good college players doesn’t turn your team into winners or NFC champs.

Are you not familiar with what Adrian Peterson did by himself when he was drafter? Or the name Robert Griffin III? Or how about Russel Wilson? Maybe Andrew Luck?

Those are all single players who changed there team instantly. Those 3 positions the Vikings addressed were their only weakness last year. Just saying. The Pack is gonna score everyone knows that. But now that the Vikes have a passing attack and a CB who will be able to help an already improving secondary. Yea, I like our chances.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Are you not familiar with what Adrian Peterson did by himself when he was drafter? Or the name Robert Griffin III? Or how about Russel Wilson? Maybe Andrew Luck?

Those are all single players who changed there team instantly. Those 3 positions the Vikings addressed were their only weakness last year. Just saying. The Pack is gonna score everyone knows that. But now that the Vikes have a passing attack and a CB who will be able to help an already improving secondary. Yea, I like our chances.

X2

BBKK
    IA

I didnt mean it as packers are good and vikings never will be. I just meant don’t count your chickens before they hatch. Just because they are good players does not mean they will fit in and automatically make the vikings a winning machine. One injury in training, complications with a coach/player, or any other number of things could happen to make all three of those picks useless come game time.

All I’ve been hearing all night is how the vikings are going to win everything this year because of the draft choices. They might be good, they might be real good. Who knows. Surely cant be much worse.

bigpike

Well I can’t speak for the Viking picks, nor do I care too. BUT (we all have a big BUT – lets talk about my big BUT) Reading quotes from the young man from UCLA he already is moving up the line of favorite players of my favorite sports team – Quote “”When I finally saw the Green Bay Packers come up on my screen, oh, my gosh, I almost fainted, man,” Jones said in a teleconference. “It’s such a dream come true to be able to play for the Packers and greats like Clay Matthews and B.J. Raji and to have Aaron Rodgers as a quarterback. It’s so surreal.”

Jones even compared himself a bit to Packers legend Reggie White.

“Just knowing him and watching a lot of him when I was growing up, all I know is Reggie White played one way, and that was with maniacal effort and just complete hunger,” Jones said. “No matter who he lined up against, he wanted to dominate. And that’s the type of player I want to carry myself after, just a player that wants to dominate at whatever he does and wants to win.

“I hate losing, and I’m happy to come to an organization like Green Bay, with a winning tradition. To be able to play at Lambeau Field is crazy. I’m so hyped up right now already. I just want to play.”

The guy grows up as a Packer and Giant fan so now he gets to play for his favorite team – Great pick TT

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Vikings always win the April Super Bowl.

tbrooks11

Quote:

Vikings always win the April Super Bowl.

They would sure win the excuse Super Bowl too

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Cuz that Packer fans never have excuses….

Quote:

It was pretty clear to everyone in the football world (except seattle and vikings fans) that the replacement refs did not make the right call, so we will continue to tell ourselves that

So, back to the draft. I’m a bit surprised the Lacy kid didn’t get picked. I think the 2nd and 3rd rounds are going to be much more eventful than the 1st was.

tbrooks11

That isnt an excuse… but nice try.

tbrooks11

are going to suck this year.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

But now that the Vikes have a passing attack…

And all the Ponder haters are quiet??? I liked the Vikings draft picks and the aggressive move late in the round to get the receiver!!! First thing I thought of was the H. Walker deal and the loss of all those draft picks, but I do not have any idea what they have for picks left this year or next…

As I said before, I still think that they need to look at one more receiver to help Ponder out…

And the Packer pick was ok as we needed one more decent lineman, though I would have been more inclined to pick another O-lineman… But TT and his scouting staff seemed to think this guy was the best athlete over any O-guy, so I am good with the pick…

Mark

the_popper
    Suburbs of Chicago, IL

Quote:

are going to suck this year.

Thanks for finishing my thought.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

but I do not have any idea what they have for picks left this year or next…

Mark

We still have the following picks this year – 4th round, 5th round, 6th round, two 7th round picks

I LOVE the move by Spielman!

In terms of normal picks lost, it really only cost the Vikings a 3rd round draft pick. In order to get yet ANOTHER 1st round pick, the Vikes gave up a 2nd rounder, the 3rd round pick I mentioned above, the extra 4th round pick they got from Detroit last year and thier last of three 7th round picks.

Another bonous is that 1st round contracts are 5 years vs other rounds being 4, so we’ll get these players an extra year on the cheaper rookie contract if they pan out into quality players.

The 7th round pick is a Mr Irrevalant candidate, so it comes down to a late 3rd and early 4th round pick (or basically two 4th round picks) for the 2nd ranked receiver in this draft who also happens to have elite kick & punt return skills…awesome move Rick!

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Nothing the pack does in the draft will change the fact that they are completely one dimensional. They’re broke after investing everything in two players. Thanks!!!

tbrooks11

and the packers will still beat the vikings twice this year.. as they did last year and the year before. And if the packers are broke they will just sell some more pieces of paper for $250 and us packer fans will be happy to buy them

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

and the packers will still beat the vikings twice this year.. as they did last year and the year before. And if the packers are broke they will just sell some more pieces of paper for $250 and us packer fans will be happy to buy them

The same guys who do this stuff must buy those pieces of paper.

Deer Tipping

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

The Packers only beat the Vikings twice last year because they made the playoffs! The Joe Webb experiment didn’t work and now we know the answer at QB.

12-4 Vikings and NFC North Champs!!

ET

tbrooks11

Wow. High expectations much? Maybe they’d finish 12-4 if they played the bottom 16 teams in the league.. but with GB (X2), sea, balt, @cincy, @nyg and pitt? I guess i dont see it.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quote:

The same guys who do this stuff must buy those pieces of paper.

Deer Tipping

Yup

That’s our Redneck Rodeo

hunter1723

I agree with you but don’t throw cinci in there, makes you look unintelligent! Didn’t even know they had a pro football team still! Cougareye, lay off the drugs jk Nothing changes the fact that they are still the Minnesota Vikings. They are capable of anything, Love boats, late night rendezvous, and Field goal posts that are just 18 inches too narrow!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Ah, I missed that Cincy game!!

13-3!

tbrooks11

Playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years, How many times have the vikings made it to the playoffs in the last 4 years?? while last year they had the youngest offense in the league and only going to get better. I can only hope all of youre comments are joke, because you are beginning to look like a fool

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Sorry TBrooks!

10-6 with no wide reeivers and the defense is only going to get bettter! This is all in fun, but I don’t see why the Vikes won’t improve upon 10-6.

Yes GB has had a great last few years and Rodgers is the real deal. But GB couldn’t stop Peterson last year and the only way they beat them in the playoffs was that the Vikes had a backup QB and no WR’s.

If the teams meet in the playoffs in 2014, the Vikings will have much more of a threat to throw at them.

Should be fun!! No name calling! That’s the only foolish thing I see here.

Have a good weekend!

ET

tbrooks11

I agree the vikings are a much improved team, dont get me wrong… but they just play too many playoff teams to go 12-4 or 13-3. Packers and Viks are soooo evenly matched this year, cant wait to see how it turns out! I guess i just got a little offended, my bad

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.