Tackle Bag Stolen

• wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

My brand new tackle bag has gone missing. I can only chalk this up to theft as it was too heavy to fly out of the boat. It is a tan Gander Mountain Flambeau bag with 4 trays full of crankbaits. One full of about 70 #5 flicker shads, one with about 30 Fat Free Shads, one with another 40-50 stick baits, and one with miscellaneous shad raps. Another tray had terminal tackle including sinkers and hooks.

Here’s a link showing the picture of the bag. This bag had to be stolen either around LaCrosse, in Minnesotta City at the Kwik Trip or at Everts.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Gander-Mtn-Custom-Tackle-Bag&i=437862&aID=504T2A&merchID=4006

Any info would be appreciated and rewarded

Sandbags
    SE Wisconsin

Tackle bags always ride in the truck never the boat. My buddy learned the hard way when his bag flew out of the boat. The ride on the trailer can be pretty rough. Not saying this is what happened to you, but it would not surprise me. I hope you find it.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Sorry about your tackle bag and I am sure that really sucks…Sounds like you had alot of crankbaits in it.

I would start checking Craigslist for the bag or its contents.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Sorry to hear that your bag is missing. I have lost tackle before and it’s no fun. Keep fishing and don’t let it get you down. A trophy fish on the end of your rod will make the whole world right.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

If it were me I would post quite a few posters around town offering generous reward, no questions asked. Sometimes they win and the best you can do is offer them enough money to drop it off somewhere, bc lets face it, most criminals are lazy bums so taking $100 cash instead of breaking down all that tackle and trying to sell it individually would suck. Worth a shot. Either way man good luck and losing a tackle bag to me is losing a pet, very tragic (sorry pet guys)

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

Agree, tackle bags, nets, electronics etc ride in the truck just for that reason. Too many scumbags out there looking for easy scores like that. It just makes me sick to my stomach when I hear about stuff like this. Good luck man, I really hope you get your gear back.

Bassn Dan

Try asking Kwik Trip to review their security camera recordings for the time you were there (check your receipt for the time if you have one.) Telling them the appox value of the bag and contents may help to get them to look so they don’t think it’s just a $20 bag of lures.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Sorry to hear this, I know firsthand how that makes you feel.

For next time and for others, here’s an easy trick to help prevent this from being so easy for the thieves.

If your bag has a strap, such as a shoulder strap, remove a removable boat seat and pedastal, lay the strap over the base, then put the pedastal seat back in making removal of the bag impossible without either cutting the strap of the bag or removing that seat. Also, as I learned the hard way, if I have to be in a store and out of eyesight of my boat for more than 15 seconds, I’ll go back outside and put things of value in the truck, or ask a fishing partner to remain within eyesight of the boat.

Hope you get your stuff back, I’ve been there!

ET

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

That is terrible. Cougareye had a great idea. Hope that Kwik Trip cooperates and you catch them.

On a separate note, I clicked on your link and it looks like a nice bag at a heck of a price. Would you recommend the bag?

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Sorry you were a victim. I don’t remove my gear but I do have a travel cover for my boat. Yes a cover can be expensive but probably no more than the value of my tackle box full of tackle. For me it is easier to snap a cover on rather than load and unload all my gear.

On the other hand, maybe I have too much gear.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Bump for the small chance it will be found.

Marshall, is it worth the trouble to check on the cameras at the gas station?

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Yes, it is a very nice bag and I’ll most likely buy another. It holds 6 big trays plus some smaller ones in the front and rear pockets

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

Insurance?

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

Huntindave, You may want to re-think your strategy. I knew a guy years ago who did the boat cover thing too. Long story short, the thieves slashed the cover and took a bunch of gear while they made a pit stop one eve after fishing. I just HATE the fact that I or anyone have/has to take extra precautions because there are people out there who think it’s alright to steal another persons property.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Sorry to hear about your gear Marshall.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

As a fisherman, to even use a borrowed lure/tackle feels unnatural, but to steal??..shaking my noggins..wow.. wish you well Brother, and sorry for your loss

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.