NFC Norse Beware!

• joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Holy crap are the Park and Vikes in for a tough road. NFC East and AFC North plus SF and ATL for the Pack. The Vikes get Seattle and Carolina as well. Looks like 9-7 or 8-8 will win the Norse.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I dont see the Vikes schedule as being too difficult. We got a few tough ones, but we should beat the Lions 2x, the Bears 2x, we’ll beat the Giants, Carolina…all in all I see another 10-6 season. Really thought the schedule would be tougher after seeing the playoffs last season…but Im not complaining.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

there you go the Vikes will win the Superbowl again!

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

glad to see you are confident. I love my Pack but I’m not that bold to think 1 season in the NFL cannot be a lot different.

Do you think the Vikes are that much better to think the Lions, Bears and Giants are gimme’s ?? they were 3-13 just 2 seasons ago.

fish2live
    hampton,mn

I love the fact that you ask for someones opinion and when he gives it you bash him because it doesn’t agree with yours!

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

BASH???? AHHHH??? WHAT???? I never asked any ones’ opinion. If you look at my original post there are no question marks.

You know what, never mind.

have a nice day

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Quote:

I love the fact that you ask for someones opinion and when he gives it you bash him because it doesn’t agree with yours!

I guess I didn’t take that as bashing, but since he asked…

No, I dont consider them to be gimme’s, but I do see them as winnable games. Those teams (Det and Chi) have no chance when AP is on the field, thus I call it a win. We tend to dominate NYG more times than not. Heck, I didn’t even give the vikes credit for beating GB this year, but dang it, now I’m going to…….11-5

Now take the spare change you guys have left after Rodgers and Matthews contracts and grab yourself some subpar washed up defenseman…

tbrooks11

Just from judging last years talent, it seems like the vikings have a lot easier of a schedule. @SF @Baltimore and @NYG (packers cant beat them no matter where they play) is pretty darn tough. Hopefully RGIII wont be back by the 2nd week of the year.. might make that one a little easier.. go pack go

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

We tend to dominate NYG more times than not

Whaaaat?

And winning on the road in the NFC North is no gimme, no matter who you are playing. Too many assumptions, but they can be 10-6 again, but I wouldn’t start counting with four automatics vs. Bears and Lions.

ET

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I agree that the Packers schedule looks tougher. i am confident they will be fine. I do think if the Vikes O and D fensive lines play like last year and AP is that same guy they will be tough to beat. I just not that confident they will. Pitt, Balt, Seattle, NYG, Dal,CInci is a lot different then ARZ, STL, Tenn, Jacksonville, and TB. 9-7 or 8-8 seems more realistic.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Schedule in the NFL is tough for any team. and really, if you look from one year to the next it’s a WHOLE dif deal. Some teams suck and some are great when comparing to the year before. We’ll be just fine when Matt starts QBing the team

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Quote:

We tend to dominate NYG more times than not.

lol May I introduce to you year 2001! Loved that game by the way.
    NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
    Giants 41 Vikings 0

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-nfc-championship-rewind-kerry-collins-throws-record-tds-giants-pummel-minnesota-vikings-41-0-article-1.1007495

Dominate,

I wont get into that game…just sayin.

Our last 5 contest with them we’ve gone 4-1 with a total of 132 points to their 85… Dominate!

hunter1723

As a packers fan, I am not going to be surprised to see us go 9-7. Since we have decided to pay two players all of our money, it will be hard to go into the draft and get the necessary defense that we need. I remember when everyone said Ted was building a dynasty when he let favre go. I am still waiting……………. One superbowl is not a dynasty.

bigpike

Quote:

As a packers fan, I am not going to be surprised to see us go 9-7. Since we have decided to pay two players all of our money, it will be hard to go into the draft and get the necessary defense that we need. I remember when everyone said Ted was building a dynasty when he let favre go. I am still waiting……………. One superbowl is not a dynasty.

Nice criticism, Packers have won 2 straight North titles. The year before they won the bowl as a wild card. I would guess any other team in the division would take it. I suppose the better thing to do is let your best players go to say the Vikings or Bears instead of paying them market value. And instead of drafting talented players we can sign them as free agents since we let all ours go. You and TT should get together for a PowWow

hunter1723

You can say all you want, The Packers are a great team and that is great. I can appreciate it more than anyone as I am also a Cubs fan. With that being said, Dynasty was the word. You never hear the Green Bay Packers mentioned as far as a dynasty with the likes of the 00’s Patriots, 90’s Cowboys, 90’s 49ers, 60’s Packers, 70’s Steelers. While I love bother Rodgers and Mathews, I can look at the bigger picture and see that on defense we are still in need. Is one man worth that much more? We are going to find out. Last year it sure wasn’t enough.

tbrooks11

Quote:

We’ll be just fine when Matt starts QBing the team

I really, really hope you did not mean that. But hey, if Cassel does start.. the packers shouldnt have too much of a problem beating them twice this year! But i do agree with you on the rest of your post. At this point, its impossible to know whats going to happen, we still got the draft, finish to Free Agency, players not being able to restructure their contracts, and injuries. But, just looking at all the knowledge we do know at this point,the vikings should have an easier schedule. Pack and Viks play 14 of the same teams, only difference is that GB has @SF and home against ATL. Viks play @STL and home against CAR. So, very similar schedule, very similar with the amount of talent (as of now).. may the best team win

Also, just saw that the viks are looking to move up in the draft with their 2 later 1st rounders. Most likely looking to snag another WR or a starting OT. Sure hope the packers can match that and make some solid draft picks on a SS, LB, or OT.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

You can say all you want, The Packers are a great team and that is great. I can appreciate it more than anyone as I am also a Cubs fan.

I feel your pain being a Pack/Twins fan. Strange combo also.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Com’on man Can’t we all just get along

As Packer fans it’s our job to band together to bash on the Vikes, not poke holes in percieved weaknesses in our own team

Obviously TT has a plan, and more often than not his plans tend to work

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Quote:

As Packer fans it’s our job to band together to bash on the Vikes, not poke holes in percieved weaknesses in our own team

Yep, packers 16-0. Vikes 0-16.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, packers 16-0. Vikes 0-16.

There we go thats more like it

tbrooks11

Hey just being honest! i guess i dont have the confidence heading into the year as i have had the past few years.. but i guess there are a few more months that can change that!

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Hey just being honest! i guess i dont have the confidence heading into the year as i have had the past few years.. but i guess there are a few more months that can change that!

I’m wondering if it’s cause old TT didn’t go out and break the bank trying to bring in one of the many high priced free agents that were on the market this year

Just give it a few more days, the draft is just around the corner

We’ve got 8 pics this year, so you know TT’s got a few things up his sleeve

tbrooks11

Haha i sure hope hes got something up his sleeve! Its not that TT didnt go out and spend big bucks on a FA, cause hes never done that. Its just that this has become such a pass heavy league, and look at our secondary. It is really rough. And the one team that doesnt throw the ball every down has AP, and we all know how that went last year If the packers want to win this year, theyre going to have to put up 35 ppg. (little exaggeration, but you get the point)

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I hear ya

I’m thinking that TT’s gonna pick up an Offensive lineman or two, a couple secondary players, a WR, and a RB

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.