For you Briank…Bacon of the Month

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

I have to tell yall about this one. For our anniversary in Feb my wife and I exchanged gifts and stuff. Last year she got me beer of the month which was….let’s just say 12 beers delivered to you door each month to supplement the house stock pile, it was beautiful.

Well she topped that and got me bacon of the month. I bout fell off the couch when I got the card with the bacon of the month selection from her. Not laughing at her but realizing she knows me too well.

So far we have had Cajun, Apple Pie, and Maple Cinnamon. There is BBQ bacon in the freezer waiting for the weekend.

Nice thick slices that have to be at least 1/4 inch.

I am getting hungry again.

I hope they make a jalepeno bacon…now that would rock.

D

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

That’s a gift I can really get behind. Good for you man!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

jalepeno bacon

Jalapeno Bacon wrapped Jalapeno SPAM! Totally AWESOME!!

Damn it! My wife just gives me the look of the month.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

1/4 bacon rocks

BK ..your lucky she still looks at you

BBKK
    IA

I just googled up a couple bacon of the month sites… $150 for 3 months (3#) of bacon. The yearly subscription (12#) was only $575.

If anyone wants to send me $500 I’ll head to sams and pick you up 12# of bacon in different flavors.

Would be a nice gift for someone special I guess, but if anyone is thinking about sending me the gift.. I’d prefer cash and 12# of thick hormel please.

I have to admit though, BBQ bacon sounds pretty good. I’ll have to see if I can find a recipe for it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Kevin, son…sometimes it’s not about the money.

Fifteen more years and you’ll know all too well exactly what I’m talking about.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Who cares what the cost. It’s an anniversary and it is BACON.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Kevin, son…sometimes it’s not about the money.

Fifteen more years and you’ll know all too well exactly what I’m talking about.

I’m sure you are right!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sorry man.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’d like to find some top grade bacon to order on the internet. You got me searching and I see 14oz packages going for $19? Crazy. I can get a good aged steak for that.

Anyone have brand suggestions? Keep in mind I am not a thick cut guy. I also believe more fat than meat means better flavor because the fat absorbs the brine and smoke better. I grab the ones people toss to the side because they are 90% fat.

We eat Hormel Black Label. We’ve tried other store brands and have always been disappointed. There is nothing worse than cook a good Sunday breakfast and being disappointed by the bacon.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Pug, I frequent meat markets.

Besides that, if you go to a location that has a slicer they’ll cut the bacon as thick or thin as you like.

That meat market in Lake Elmo’s double apple smoked bacon is totally awesome…totally.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I have never been disappointed by any bacon pug. Didn’t know that was possible.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Would that be “Why Bacon is Better then a Woman” #7?

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Yes! Please refer to the 16 year old dumps girlfriend for the crappies thread.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I can’t help that you don’t have a sophisticated palette.

Of course I was using the term relatively and I can guarantee you it is possible. Your package of turkey bacon is on the way.

zooks

Quote:

Pug,

Next time you are bathing your pups at Bark & Bathe, swing 4 blocks north on West Broadway and get some bacon at Hackenmueller Meats. Mmm mmm mmmm!

Hackenmueller’s, yes! Great old school butcher shop. If you’re just looking at grocery stores, Cub carries Thielen Meats bacon, it runs about $7.50/lb. Very good stuff and if you’re ever in Pierz or Little Falls, stop into their store with your credit card ready to go.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

With friends in Robbinsdale, I am well aware of Hackenmueller Meats. I do forget to stop in there once in a while too. If all works out this summer I’ll be living close enough where I can’t use that excuse anymore.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

If all works out this summer I’ll be living close enough where I can’t use that excuse anymore.

Well, there goes the neighborhood!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

If all works out this summer I’ll be living close enough where I can’t use that excuse anymore.

Well, there goes the neighborhood!

Hey neighbor

chomps
    Sioux City IA

my top 2 bacon stops
    Super Value in Isle Mn
    Cashwise in New Ulm MN (had been the meatshop at Randall’s foods, same folks)

was going to mention the Bena Bar, but Walking Two Hams is on a diet.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

This might go under the cooks blog but my oldest daughter is trying to turn into a good Susie home maker and uses dad as a ginny pig from time to time. So I talked her into making me a pan full of brownies with 1/2 pound of bacon. Try it now before it is made illegal.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I love this thread

I’m getting hungry just reading it

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.