YETI coolers who has one?

• crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Welcome aboard Tommy! Thanks for the feedback on Grizzly.

Follmerpa
    white bear lake

Quote:

I see Grizzly has a cooler similar to the Yetti, I have not looked at either really close but here is a link.

They even have Brian K color to match his sweatshirts! Real men wear pink and carry a pink cooler
    And made in the USA, Iowa doesnt get more USA than Iowa!

http://www.grizzlycoolers.com/

largest Grizzley cooler $800.00

I need to do more research

tommy_skarlis

Thanks for having me! Although I’ve been a member for years – haven’t really been a big contributor – just a “watcher”!

To Folmerpa: The biggest one (400) is really huge – Third of a log box pick-up bed! You would probably be interested more in the 60 or 150. The 150 is what I put in the boat, and works great for taking out west.
    After this Fall – I will let you know how many Antelope it will hold!

Follmerpa
    white bear lake

Quote:

Thanks for having me! Although I’ve been a member for years – haven’t really been a big contributor – just a “watcher”!

To Folmerpa: The biggest one (400) is really huge – Third of a log box pick-up bed! You would probably be interested more in the 60 or 150. The 150 is what I put in the boat, and works great for taking out west.
    After this Fall – I will let you know how many Antelope it will hold!

Thank You, I did not check size just the price tag.
    Good luck out west,

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

looks like the yeti and grizzly are about the same price or close anyway, anybody compare the two maybe?

I use my yeti for a deck extension too, thinking of picking up either another one or a bigger one to run across the front of the back deck.

al

tommy_skarlis

Quote:

looks like the yeti and grizzly are about the same price or close anyway, anybody compare the two maybe?

I use my yeti for a deck extension too, thinking of picking up either another one or a bigger one to run across the front of the back deck.

al

Al – I will have a 60 and a 150 with me at Red Wing NWT if you want to look them over?

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Quote:

al

Al – I will have a 60 and a 150 with me at Red Wing NWT if you want to look them over?

Doubt I’ll make it there, but thanks anyway.

Al

brian_j

Quote:

Watch this video on youtube. It compares all the big name coolers. Very informative test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TE4RnqT0U

I think I’ll stick with my Coleman’s for a quarter of the cost of the Yeti’s.

Just a heads up Menards has the Coleman Extreme on sale for $25 right now

riverruns
    Inactive

Quote:

Quote:

Watch this video on youtube. It compares all the big name coolers. Very informative test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TE4RnqT0U

I think I’ll stick with my Coleman’s for a quarter of the cost of the Yeti’s.

Just a heads up Menards has the Coleman Extreme on sale for $25 right now

They really are $20 if you buy them. There is a $5 in store rebate to send in.
    I got 2 of them at this price. They are 70 qrt coolers. Coleman Xtreme. Only good on purchases made through 5-27-13.
    Shawn

Jake_A

Quote:

Quote:

Top tip: Some brands of beer can be frozen without breaking the cans. It takes a little testing to get the combination of freezer temp right, but freezing beer, water bottles, etc is a great way to make ice last a long time where there is no option for more.

Grouse

Sure, if you want beer where the alcohol separates from the rest of the beer, or do you drink Coors?

Hey now, I drink Coors

Bill Fisher

I own the Tundra Haul Cooler. Its the one that has wheels on it. Yeti coolers are the best when it comes to keeping anything cold for hours. I bring it with me everytime I go on fishing trips.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I own the Tundra Haul Cooler. Its the one that has wheels on it. Yeti coolers are the best when it comes to keeping anything cold for hours. I bring it with me everytime I go on fishing trips.

Yetis are not the “best”. There are companies with better coolers. Yeti just has the deepest pockets and advertising funds. Having a yeti and a Lit cooler side by side for over 6 weeks working in the mountains and the lit held ice for 2 to 4 days longer than the Yeti. We had a 80+ mile round trip for food and ice so for us every day made a difference

big_g
    Isle, MN

He admits, it keeps anything cold “for hours”… he does not have very high expectations from them.

Deleted

We have the 65qt yeti tundra. I am actually looking for another 45 or 65 because we absolutely love this one, mainly used for grocery trips an hour away & on road trips. It holds ice longer than any other cooler we own. I use the ice & cold packs together.

I’ve got no less than 10 coolers – Rubbermaid, igloo (2nd best ice retention) & Coleman (biggest pile I own)

I’ve also got $0 into this yeti 65. Wife won a soft yeti hopper cooler at an event. It had an awkward zipper and just didn’t hold much. We hated it the times we took it on the boat. Then a guy who had this yeti tundra 65 posted on Craigslist saying he wanted to sell because it was too big, heavy, etc. specified that he wanted to buy a soft yeti. We traded even. Luckily he lived right down the road from us.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

This always gets me laughing…….

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I was under the impression the only people who owned Yeti coolers are ones who won then for free…

Coletrain27

I have a ozark trail 26qt rotomold cooler I got on clearance for $60 at Wally world that is awesome.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I saw a Yeti dog bowl at the sporting goods store. At this point I think they are trolling themselves.

riverruns
    Inactive

Coleman Extreme. That’s enough for more than the average guy will ever do.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I saw a Yeti dog bowl at the sporting goods store. At this point I think they are trolling themselves.

They also make a 5 gallon bucket. As a Yeti owner, you don’t call it that, obviously. I only paid $70 for mine. Works great.

Grouse

AnotherFisherman

I think any Roto-molded cooler is worth the $$$. I have the Yeti 35 and have loved it. Like others have said, I have drastically reduced my ice buying. I’ve had for two years now and would guess I buy half as much ice as I did previously. I would guess I’ve “saved” over $100 of ice buying since I bought the cooler. The thing is as tough as they get, so I’m sure the $$$ I save on ice will eventually make the Yeti “worth it” for me. It absolutely sucks to bite the bullet up front, but if you get like the RTIC brand or any Roto-molded cooler, it will be better than the coleman/igloo classics.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

@Mahtofire

Don’t leave out the “You Beti” cooler and the “Yeti vs You Beti” ice holding challenge.

Okay, I can’t figure out how to post the nice picture that goes straight to a youtube video. Dude’s channel is “You Betcha” and cracks me up too.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

Not worth it in my opinion, just get a $5 cooler bag with sawdust and ice.

Go Spuds

I have multiple yeti products love them–including the bucket lol. To be fair-the food grade quality and lid are my reasons–I brine a lot of birds, pork bellys for bacon etc. My wife travels the state for work 2-3 days week and keeps the roadie in her car–small enough for her to carry, yet it allows her to pack food or buy from stores etc w/o having to eat out all the time–that alone has been a money saver.

Are there cheaper options-yep. Do yeti’s perform as advertised–I think so, so that is what counts for me personally. I also fully recognize that its a luxury that Im fortunate to have.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>

They also make a 5 gallon bucket. As a Yeti owner, you don’t call it that, obviously. I only paid $70 for mine. Works great.

Grouse

At least the bucket has some features, the dog bowl was just like any other stainless steel dog bowl.

Holy crap, they make a $300 dog bed too!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

My wife works for Pelican. We buy their coolers at the cost of the Coleman Extreme coolers. It’s a no-brainer.

I also have one Coleman Extreme. I’m pretty disappointed with it considering on all the rave reviews here.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Coleman Extremes are pretty good in my opinion. Don’t get the dark colored lids.

Most roto molded coolers are too heavy for my liking and I just don’t like any of the zippers I’ve dealt with on any soft cooler.

I was just thinking about this topic again…….. because…… wife and I just took a trip to Florida. While there, I went and bought a styrofoam cooler at the local grocery store for $3.50. It had a handle and it worked GREAT. Held ice all day in 85 degree weather on the beach and light as a feather. Honestly it worked far better than all of my non-insulated coolers which are basically garbage except for general storage during the cool months.

So….. why can’t a few more companies just take a basic styrofoam cooler and then give it a thin plastic coating (white) for durability??? Could come in at a fraction of the price of the roto molded and a fraction of the weight.

Cooler frustration continues…………….

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I believe that is how the cheap coolers ARE made. Plastic over Styrofoam.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.