I pillot remote question?

• a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

I think maybe the batterie died yesterday… Or the remote died. I havnt changed the battery in a year of use… What is the life span on these batteries?? Anybody else have this happen??

Hoping I just need a new battery before I can go back n chase some pool4 gold! Thanks

stuart
    Mn.

I get about 4to 6 months,less in cold weather.I carry spares.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

Looks like I too will now carry spares!

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

FYI
    Battery.Life
    Remote battery life is subject to frequency of use and is especially impacted by
    how often the LCD backlight is used.
    When the remote battery is low, the low battery icon will appear on the remote LCD. The
    Backlight button will be disabled when the low battery icon is displayed to conserve battery power.

rwmcvean

An additional question: When I put spotlock on my I-pilot, why does the trolling motor spin around in circles until the cord is all stretched out? It seems to give some kind of “fail” beeping thing too.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Everts now carries them because of frequent requests.

castle-rock-clown

Alright, I’m sold. Forgive my laziness, but what is the model # of the battery?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

CR2450N is the battery.

Yes the “N” is very important. It won’t work without it.

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

I just replaced mine with a Duracell C2450, no “N” on it. It works fine. There is a definite appearance difference between the C2450 and the C2450N, but the overall thickness is the same.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

When I first tried using Spot Lock
    I had a similar occurrence.
    I think I was causing this by touching buttons.

Now:
    I let the TM handle it.
    When I spot lock now
    I try not to have the head more than 90 degrees from centered
    Then I just let it do it’s thing.
    Mine now determines if the cable is more than 180 degrees and spins around in the opposite direction on it’s own.

I think my pushing buttons previously had an adverse effect on the trolling motors ability to remember how far the cord was wrapped.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

ONE MORE THING I FOUND:

There are a lot of people out there trolling.
    They are so intent on what they are doing
    that they don’t seem to be able to tell you are spot locked (electronically anchored)
    ANYWAYS
    what I tried last time was just dangling a bit of rope off the bow in the water.
    Seems to help with their ability to not run into you so much.

castle-rock-clown

Last weekend my nephew and i were fishing and after a while the anchor symbol would change to to pilot navigation and we would slowly drift off our spot. We finally figured out the problem. I was at the back of the boat running the I-pilot remote and he was sitting up front with the foot pedal control at his feet. Every once in a while he would unknowingly hit the auto pilot button on the foot control. This was at first driving us nuts, till we figured it out. Duh.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

One thing I learned is drop the trolling motor and give it time to acquire the GPS signals. Thought I had a problem would motor up to a spot drop the trolling motor hit spot lock and spot lock would not work, until I figured out what the heck was going on I thought I had a problem.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.