What happened to all of the reports?

• CPRbigeyes
    Iowa

It seems like we used to always get great informative reports from some great anglers every few days during the spring walleye run. Guys like James holst, Steve dezurik, Dustin Stewart were always making great reports. I know James doesn’t guide on pool 4 anymore, but did these other guys stop guiding too? In years past there would have been 5 Mississippi reports by now. Still absolutely love this site, was just curious.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

A few more tourneys this time of year keeps the reports pretty tight lipped.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

A few more tourneys this time of year keeps the reports pretty tight lipped.

X2

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

James and Steve no longer guide and Dustin doesnt spend as much time on the water as he used to. Between that and tournies it keeps things pretty quiet. The couple times I have made it out I have reported on both. Just have to make it to the river more often!!!

I can tell you one thing, if your looking to catch some fish and have a chance at a fish of a lifetime, get down fishing soon!!!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Steve posted some reports on Pool 2 but hasn’t posted a report since 2008. James posts videos (pretty informative though) Dustin never guides this early.
    The majority of the reports are posted by other guides…
    Joe Ballweg
    Randy Weiland
    Marty Hahn
    Mike Westman (pool 2)
    John Shultz
    Joe Segura
    Vandy
    (others I may have omitted) and myself…though I do not guide on P-4…just love to fish it!
    Its early, be patient…you will start seeing reports as these folks get on the water, probably not from the dam area with 200 boats to deal with…

CPRbigeyes
    Iowa

Thanks guys! Definitely makes sense now.

CPRbigeyes
    Iowa

Quote:

James and Steve no longer guide and Dustin doesnt spend as much time on the water as he used to. Between that and tournies it keeps things pretty quiet. The couple times I have made it out I have reported on both. Just have to make it to the river more often!!!

I can tell you one thing, if your looking to catch some fish and have a chance at a fish of a lifetime, get down fishing soon!!!

You seem to be about the only one left that consistently puts together pool 4 reports for us, really appreciate all of the good info you bring to this site! Another side question, does dean still post on here? Can’t wait to get back up there on April 5th, hoping to finally join the 10 pound club.

CPRbigeyes
    Iowa

Quote:

Steve posted some reports on Pool 2 but hasn’t posted a report since 2008. James posts videos (pretty informative though) Dustin never guides this early.
    The majority of the reports are posted by other guides…
    Joe Ballweg
    Randy Weiland
    Marty Hahn
    Mike Westman (pool 2)
    John Shultz
    Joe Segura
    Vandy
    (others I may have omitted) and myself…though I do not guide on P-4…just love to fish it!
    Its early, be patient…you will start seeing reports as these folks get on the water, probably not from the dam area with 200 boats to deal with…

Ah yes a lot of great anglers there that I forgot about, hope to see some reports from them soon!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Fyi, I have most of my event obligations from jan through early april. Tough to be on the water and put fresh informative info together. Quite honestly, everything I’m currently doing is boring. I don’t care to do cut/paste type reports. However, the miss water temps were over 38, so I’m hrading over for a week of cold water wally crank’n

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Search is your friend take flow, water temp and time of year the river is the river. In some respects it does not change if flow is 40,000 on April 1 and fish were caught in X place more then likely they will be there again. Flow determines where fish will be. All the information you need is in past reports.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

‘spose I’ll have to make a report tomorrow to at least get a mention.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

‘spose I’ll have to make a report tomorrow to at least get a mention.

I just mentioned you five minutes ago. My dog farted and it smelled like stink bait. I told him he smelled like BK and he cried.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.