The Sportsmans Guide .com – any customer reviews

• veamer
    Kekoskee, WI

Wonder if anyone has any experience with this outfit. I am interested in a large ticket item for my boat from them and if I join there club I get fantastic savings…But, the item is not in stock.
    In doing some internet research I found many bad reviews re: them with ammo purchases and not receiving things for a long long time until ultimately they would cancel there order but in the mean time they bought this one year $30 membership savings club
    Looking for reinforcement from any experienced users out there to stay away (its bait and switch) or I had great experience with them let r rip.
    I know that Reeds and Cabelas and Jolly ann have this item available in stock but the cost would be at least $150 more.

mr. sauger25

I have been a member for many years I buy a ton of hunting fishing and work stuff never had a problem no clue how the out of stock will work out but its a great company to deal with they actually have an outlet store in south st. paul it is a Minnesota company

iowa roger
    North central Iowa

I checked into it once, all the bad reviews scared me off from getting involved with them.
    Just my take on it, I have no first hand sperience with them.
    Roger

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I do believe alot of their stuff is discontinued merchandise that they sell cheaper, but i don’t know how warranties would work out in a situation like that.

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

They are good to deal with on little stuff but they’re kind of a discount store. I don’t know that I would order out of stock things from them.

Hilltopper
    LaCrosse, WI

I have been a member for years. I have never had any issues at all. Seems like good stuff.

dld24

I have bought a flasher and bibs and other items never had a problem…always took one day to get it…the only thing I wouldn’t buy again is boots, wasn’t happy with them…other than that

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

No problem here. Done business with them for years. Still have to shop around. Not always the lowest price you can find.

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

I have purchased quite a few items from this company over the years and have never had a problem with anything….

Layne Monroe

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Love them, bought a lot of stuff over the years, never had an issue. I have never purchased an out of stock item, but if it’s still manufactured I would order it. I have called them and the customer service people were very friendly and helpful.

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

I always shop at the outlet store. Stop by every couple weeks. Most of the stuff there is overstock or returns. You get smoking deals sometime.
    A lot of things in the catalog can be picked up at the store. You fill out a form and they go into the wharehouse and bring it out.

BBKK
    IA

Was a member for a long time. Lots of good prices and very very quick shipping. Usually next day to me here in Iowa.

You do not have to be a member, but members get a discount on every item purchased.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ve been meaning to send my resume over there. I know last summer they were looking for a web developer and a recruiter contacted me about it. I wasn’t interested at the time.

deertracker

SG was the go too place to work when I was in high school. I have purchased many things online and in the store. Always good to work with for me. If you ever go into the store, make sure you really dig around and under the shelves. Good stuff can be found. Found an 870 barrell under a shelf one time. Got it for under $20.
    DT

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have bought MANY items from SG. I became a member the first year I went Elk Hunting in MT & it saved me a TON of $$$… happy with their products and Customer Service… had a pair of Hunting pants that were the wrong size, they overnighted me the right size as I was leaving in 2 days on their dime

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

I have always had GREAT SERVICE & GOOD products, for 5 years

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.