Pulse-R Success in FL!

• tbrooks11

I bought a few packages of pulse r’s the other day for my trip down to tampa for the week. Wasnt exactly sure which colors to get, but i settled on firecracker/chart and sassafrass. I fished for a few hours with other plastics, raps, and spinners without a single hit. I slipped a small jig and a pulse r in the water, and in 10 minutes i got 1 lady fish and 2 other hits that ripped the plastic tail off. Unfortunately , the hotel manager told me fishing isnt allowed off the pier right after I brought the fish in, but it was fun while it lasted!

Isnt big by any means, but it was a good time! The jig ended up half way down his throat. He must have loved it!

Gonna do a little shore fishing tonight, hope to bring in something a little bigger!

stuart
    Mn.

I think that is a Ladyfish.I hear they are a fun fish to catch! Thanks for sharing.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Nice fish kid!

I travel for work a couple times a year and I’m always sneaking in a small rod and some plastics. You never know when the opportunity is going to arise.

Good luck fishing tonight. Let us know how you do.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I trust you weren’t staying at the place that owned the dock.

I would have been going nuts knowing I could be fishing while the rest of our group was…shopping. LOL!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Deja vu!?

x2

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Wasnt this posted yesterday as well??

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Wasnt this posted yesterday as well??

May have been. Looks better this time around though.

It’s easy to get off track and ruin a good post.

Anyone know if Lady Fish is good eating?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Anyone know if Lady Fish is good eating?

Maybe Steve or Kari will chime in and answer that BK.

tbrooks11

Yes people, it was posted yesterday. A few decided to make some personal attacks toward others so I deleted it and reposted hoping ya’ll will act a little more mature this time around.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Quote:

Yes people, it was posted yesterday. A few decided to make some personal attacks toward others so I deleted it and reposted hoping ya’ll will act a little more mature this time around.

I think everyone is a little edgy and has a bad case of cabin fever! Great job on the fishing! Good luck after dark! Please report back!

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

wasnt trying to stir the pot sorry It just threw me for a loop when i saw it on the general discussion board and wanted to make sure my cell phone wasnt being dumb! Either way ur hands are slimy and it looks warm kudos to you!

rmartin
    United States

Ladyfish are a blast. A fast retrieve is usually best, you cannot take the bait away from them. Kind of bony from what I hear, related to tarpon and shad.

riverfisher
    Cedar Falls, IA

X 2 on the night fishing, can be fast action! Had good luck on a big x-rap a few years ago at night. Ladyfish have saved the day a lot while fishing in Florida for my family!

chirp
    Rochester

Nice job TwinsFreak. Those Pulse-R’s are a good versatile bait. Did you get to see any spring training while you were down there?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I thought I was losing my mind. I thought I posted 2 times in here.

tbrooks11

Thanks for the tips guys! I only caught a small trout tonight, but had to call it early cause i got a guided trip early tomorrow morning! and Chirp, yes.. the twins play in tampa at the yankees’ home stadium on thursday! cant wait!

chirp
    Rochester

Have fun on your trip tomorrow. Post a report. Have fun at the game. Always fun to be at spring training when it’s horrible up here.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.