A negative Nancy thank you

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Not all my posts are negative. It just seems that way.

So, I would like to thank everybody who is doing their part in cleaning the environment up. I don’t know why this came to mind today but it did. Back in the 60’s & 70’s the highways and major cities in this state were absolute pig sties. Trash in the ditches, appliances and junk in the alleys,forget about eating fish from the rivers around town. The government started to crack down on the companies polluting, people started to take pride in their neighborhoods again. But, I think the #1 reason people started to clean things up was the commercial with the Indian on horseback with a tear streaming down his face as he looked over the land. I don’t recall who did the commercial but that was definitely effective.

So, thank you to everyone who is doing their part. To those smokers who still think their vehicle is to good for a cigarette butt, time to man up and put it out in the ashtray instead of tossing it out the window.

Thanks everybody

Signed, Negative Nancy

desperado

Ya, old Iron Eyes Cody (the crying Indian), was actually Sicilian

I like to think the Let’s-Clean-Things-Up hero from the 70’s was Woodsy The Owl

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

I remember the crying Indian(just think of his tears, if he rode up on his horse and seen the “natives” netting the lakes every spawn) but moreover, I remember Woodsy and “Give A Hoot, Don’t Pollute”

john_h
    Hastings, MN

Brian – am I ever with you on this one!!! I am really sick of driving on a freeway and having a cigg butt bounce up in front of me and hit the car or truck. You smoke em, you keep em! I don’t want em.

On top of that, I hate fishing on any body of water, but the river seems the worst, and seeing butts floating buy…
    For me, that’s even worse!

My rant…

blackbay

Quote:

Who knew that the guy was a made man. “I’m gonna make you an offer you can’t refuse, don’t pollute”

damman
    Pepin county Wi

So you think cig butts are that bad? You take a plastic soft drink with you , take it home with ya!!! Come down and take a look at a lock and dam and see how much crap is in the tainter or roller gates and then tell me how well people are cleaning up after themselves. I don’t see any cig butts floating around!!!!!!!!!!!! So don’t cry about a stupid cig butt!!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

So you think cig butts are that bad? You take a plastic soft drink with you , take it home with ya!!! Come down and take a look at a lock and dam and see how much crap is in the tainter or roller gates and then tell me how well people are cleaning up after themselves. I don’t see any cig butts floating around!!!!!!!!!!!! So don’t cry about a stupid cig butt!!

Glad you were able to grasp the point of the thread.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Quote:

Looks like somebody needs a smoke

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Cigarette butts sink.

We keep old plastic bottles in our vehicles to properly dispose of our butts.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

Quote:

Looks like somebody needs a smoke

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.