i pilot help

• mr. sauger25

Hi just tried out my new terrova with i pilot love the spot lock feature just had trouble with the point motor towards where i want to go at such and such speed down river and fish and what i read was suppose to keep u at gps speed of choice and would take u there copensating for wind and current this did not work so well as i constantly had to speed up slow down turn left turn right any help would be great also the record a track i had problems with too does thr r for record stay up when your recording cause mine did mot so just assumed i did something wrong help help help

mojogunter

Well I will comment on the auto pilot. I rarely used the gps auto pilot. I almost always used the compass version. That worked best for me. To use that version when you hit the auto pilot button keep holding the button until there is no circle around the N on the display. As far as the speed control it does not work that well in current. It is much better going into the current than down. The motor can’t slow you slower than what the current is pushing you so that may be one issue you are having. If say you have the speed set at .7 and the current is pushing you at .8 or faster the motor will turn as slow as it can and it wouldn’t be able to control the boat to steer it.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I know of no other better explanation on a video than this man’s videos with the I-Pilot system. Many have turned to him as the “guru” if you might pardon the expression. I will leave the link for you to explore.

I-Pilot

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

What Denny said….. Did you turn on cruise control?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Learn the difference between Advanced auto pilot and auto pilot. As mentioned, I dont use the Advanced either.

Bring the operation manual in the boat with you next time and it will help greatly, sometimes you just make mistakes with order of the key strokes.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

Learn the difference between Advanced auto pilot and auto pilot. As mentioned, I dont use the Advanced either.

Bring the operation manual in the boat with you next time and it will help greatly, sometimes you just make mistakes with order of the key strokes.

Not to get into a joust.
    I use the advanced Auto PiLot.

I prefer Gps over compass for the most part.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.