Tonneau Covers

• LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

So I’m leaning toward buying an Access original tonneau cover for my F-150, but saw that Fleet Farm carries a Lund Genesis cover for about $140 less that looks pretty decent (only thing I didn’t like about that one was the latch system). Anybody have experience with the Lund Genesis cover at all (as far as quality/durability)?

P.S. I saw FF also carries a “lower” line of the Access cover, but I was not impressed with that one.

Thanks for any insight!

><(((>

limabean

Have you ever looked into the Truxedo Brand? Had one on my Silverado and was very happy with it. Made from same Material that 18 wheeler feed trucks cover their load with.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I just installed a Lund Genesis Roll up on my 2012 Ram a few weeks ago. I actually like the latch system, because you have to open the tailgate to open it. This allows me to lock it.

Can’t speak to durability, but it took about 30 minutes to install, locks the way it should (you could still cut it, or maybe get in if you tried hard enough). If nothing else, it will at least slow somebody down more than a standard soft cover.

So far, I’ve been pretty happy.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I put the access cover on my New F-150 a few months ago. I also had one on my last 150 for over 10 years. I know a few friends who have tried cheaper models in the past and none help up or lasted as well as the access brand. My last one I washed well and added armorall 2X each year ( Spring and fall. It looked almost as good after 10 years as it did when new.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I had one on my last truck and really liked the Lund. I like the latch system more than the Access (my dad has one). I think the Access is hard to operate.

I am buying one for my new truck and will go lund

baldwin4
    NE IA

Quote:

So I’m leaning toward buying an Access original tonneau cover for my F-150, but saw that Fleet Farm carries a Lund Genesis cover for about $140 less that looks pretty decent (only thing I didn’t like about that one was the latch system). Anybody have experience with the Lund Genesis cover at all (as far as quality/durability)?

P.S. I saw FF also carries a “lower” line of the Access cover, but I was not impressed with that one.

Thanks for any insight!

><(((>

I have a Undercover on my Sierra…..removes easily and is lockable…a knife can open soft covers..

travp
    Blaine , Mn

Access for me. I had one on my silverado, my tundra, and now my f150. My dad has an access on his truck too. Ten years old and a little faded but otherwise in great operating condition.

bigwheel

I have the lund on my 02 f150 really like it and have had no issues with it.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m ordering an Access original this week.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m ordering an Access original this week.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I have something very similar on my truck, and I haven’t had any problems with it

Chris H

Access original is the way to go.

jsrevermann
    Central MN

I have had a Lund cover on my Silverado for over 4 years and I think it is a great product. I have had no issues and it has held up very well.

I had an access cover that I had on two Silverados and I liked them too.

Not sure about the new models, but my Lund cover sticks up a little higher than the access cover did.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Wouldn’t you know it. I am ready to order and cannot bring up the sponsors link!!! For weeks now I see the toneau cover link at the top of the page every time I log in then the one time I need it I cannot get it to come up evern afer refreshing and changing screens over 20 times!!!!!!!!! Sorry advertiser. My heart was in the right place.

PS-Hope they were TonneauCoversWorld.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.