Packers to release Woodson

• Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I love the way Charles Woodson played football. Extremely intelligent player & a team leader.
    And although I think Charles can still play, I don’t think he can play at a level that makes him worth the money the Packers would have to pay him.
    Tough decision but IMHO, the right one.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

He has been a great player for the packers, but the 10m due him next year, makes it hard to sign / retain others. This is just one of many tough decisions I am sure.

My lovely wife wants Finley gone, we shall see if she gets her wish…

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I guess they figured they had enough guys who knew how to grab and hold receivers.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Hey dave, aren’t you a receiver?

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Quote:

We’ll Take him!

I think it’s a rule the Vikes must sign every ex-Packer.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

We’ll Take him!

I think it’s a rule the Vikes must sign every ex-Packer.

I was about to ask… what is the over/under he ends up on the vikings roster. Vikings: Retirement team of the Packers.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

They won’t pay that kind of money for Woodson. But I would not be surprised to see Jennings here.

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

Quote:

He has been a great player for the packers, but the 10m due him next year, makes it hard to sign / retain others. This is just one of many tough decisions I am sure.
    My lovely wife wants Finley gone, we shall see if she gets her wish…

I’m with your wife on this . Finley the whiner and leaque leader in dropped passes. Send him to the AFC & Spend the money on Jennings. My .02 Cents.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

sad to see #21 leave, wishful thinking to keep Jennings and throw Finley to the curb.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

The packers knew they could not sign Jennings and also retain other players, hence why they did not bother giving him an offer before this last season started.

Too bad, as he is a good player. Even with all his injuries the last 2 years, when healthy, he was an asset on the offense.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Charles Woodson’s legacy will now be football when it is all said and done. He has provided in excess of $1,000,000 a year for the last several years to his charity – I am not talking “raising”, I am talking about digging into his own pocket and taking care of people. Charles Woodson Foundation

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.