Rotary vise

• gundez-71
    South Minnesota

Thinking about up dating my jig tying vise. Thinking a rotary vise. Any thoughts? suggestions??

Gundy

mikes-jigs
    Red Wing, MN

I just got a new Peak Rotary vise and love it. It is $150.00 or so but is well worth it. Peak can have eather a D-clamp or a flat base. It also can be very customized to your liking. If you want to get one search “thump it jigs” and he can help you with any questions you have. He is also a direct Peak dealer with all the accessories Peak makes.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Thinking about up dating my jig tying vise. Thinking a rotary vise. Any thoughts? suggestions??

Gundy

I have an old style vise($29.00) and NEVER needed anything other than it for just tying walleye jigs in the 10 yrs I have been tying.

What am I missing ?

jerry b
    western WI

I have an old style vise($29.00) and NEVER needed anything other than it for just tying walleye jigs in the 10 yrs I have been tying.

What am I missing ?

ya, me too. I welded a pair of needle nosed vice grips to a 3″ c-clamp for making hair jigs on a picnic table. Probably a total $10 investment. Where did I go wrong jerr

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

Your right, Walleyes don’t know if the jig is tied with a $150.00 vise or a vise grip. Sorry I asked.

Gundy

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

I have the needle nose vise grips welded on a c-clamp too. Works great!

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I’ve been tying flies since late grade school and did start with a mini-vise grip. Gradually upgrading over the years.

The most notable rotary vise I had was a ‘Norvise’.(http://nor-vise.com/)..not cheap and being honest, for a lot of my work tying, it did NOT meet my needs. They do work some some folks, so see if you can ‘test-tye’ with one before you make the jump….
    Just my .10$ worth.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.