Ely area

• score92
    WBL, MN

Any good recommendations for a resort on a lake with good panfish/walleye in the Ely area or anywhere that is way up North? Looking at not so prime time dates for fishing, Mid to late July. Thanks.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

For another 15-20 minutes on the road, you can be on Rainey Lake. That is tough to beat.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

White Iron is usually pretty good for crappies, and every lake up there has walleyes. I dont know of a specific resort to recommend though.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Trails End Resort up near Crane. Awesome place. That is jsut one of many resorts up in that area.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I stayed at Timber Trail lodge twice but not to fish. I dont know anything about that lake (Farm Lake) but its across the road from White Iron.

score92
    WBL, MN

Trails end looks nice, I am going to inquire about that one! Thanks.

llong

White iron beach is a good place to stay, or also I think silver rapids has cabins. Grand Ely lodge is another one on shagawa but that lake is mainly walleye and smallmouth bass and pike not much for sunfish, but you can walk across the street to miners pit and fish for trout… A guide I would recommend would be Jim Orcutt, (Jim the fish guy) he fishes on all the lakes in the area, He knows where the crappies hang out on white iron.. He can take you on a day trip up into Basswood too.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Trails end looks nice, I am going to inquire about that one! Thanks.

Tom and Dawn are the owners. Trails End is about 5 miles from my cabin. They are such cool people we try to make it a point and swing in and throw them some cash. Food is good, liquor is good, company is great.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.