Sureset Hooks

• eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

This is probably for James Holst or Will Rosenberg, but maybe some other guys have tried these hooks on tip ups and could chime in as well. After watching the big baits on mille lacs episode, I’m wanting to try some of these trebles on my tip ups. My question is, do you hook the minnow with the extended hook or one of the two other “standard” length hooks? I’m assuming that you use the longer one, but maybe not?

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Our approach was to use the larger hook to hook the minnow but instead off inserting the hook accross the minnow’s back from one side to the other we would insert the hook in parallel to the dorsal fin. Insert the front hook just behind the fishes head and run it about 1/4″ back towards the dorsal fin and then poke it back out again just in front of the dorsal. This will leave the two regular hooks sitting in a perfect hooking position directly behind the minnows head. Repeat this process starting behind the dorsal fin and inserting the hook forwards toward the dorsal fin

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Thanks for the quick response Will. Answers my question perfectly!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.