Travel to Afton,MN

• John
    West Liberty, Iowa

Looking for help – I’m going to look at a new boat, on Sat. in Afton and will be driving up from Guttenburg, IA. I was wondering if I should go up to La Crosse to 90 -> 52 -> 20 or IA 52 -> 52MN -> 20.
    Thanks,for any suggestions.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The right click feature will be disabled until we add a watermarking system to our photos, etc. The amount of copyright violations/ theft of our content by other webmasters was an epidemic that left me no choice.

My apologies to the “good guys” out there that this affects as well.

bradi
    Hastings

If your not in a huge hurry, I recommend taking 61 up next to the river. You can take it all the way to north of Hastings where you can then hit 95. Scenery is great! And it only takes a bit longer.

jwellsy

H2O- I can appreciate that.
    I pretty much figured it was something like that.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

If your not in a huge hurry, I recommend taking 61 up next to the river. You can take it all the way to north of Hastings where you can then hit 95. Scenery is great! And it only takes a bit longer.

This is the route I would recommend also. It maybe 20 minutes longer, but you’ll have some awesome viewing. There should still be some bald eagles around Reads Landing. One note…MN 95 will take you to I-94. The road you want from Hastings is 95 north, but turn onto County 18 (formerly known as 95). to take you into Afton.

Where in Afton you heading?

John
    West Liberty, Iowa

Thanks,everyone for the input, as much as I would like to take the river road I’m trying to get up there and back to Guttenburg in as short a day as possible. Going to one of the Marinas in Afton to look at a new houseboat. Plan to be on the water early Sunday,back down river, for some eyes.
    H’mmmm this still means I haven’t decided which way???.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ah… the Windmill marina!

I-90 to 52 is the fastest…but you don’t know what your missing!
    Then again…running a house boat down river…can’t beat that!

I’m not sure where I’ll be fishing this Sat…but if you see a black Trailblazer with a IDA sticker on the back window and a Shorelander Trailer….DUCK…I’ll be casting!

Congrats on the new boat…post some pictures!

John
    West Liberty, Iowa

Well, no new boat, we didn’t like the condition. Did take 52 to 90 then down 35 at LaCrosse. Stopped in Desoto for Pizza at the Great River roadhose That was worth the trip. Sunday morning north of L/D 10 we managed a couple eyes off a W/D. Stll a lot of current. Thanks all!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.