Family Resorts in MN

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Guys I am looking for a little help in finding a resort for a family vacation in MN. BK before you jump in we are not staying at Everts (even though it is on the WI side!)

Fishing from shore would be nice as we are not dragging the rig up but more importantly we want to have activities for a 8 year old boy to take part other than fishing with Dad in when not doing the tourist stuff.

Anybody want to share places they think we should consider.

Thanks all

Derek

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

LOL!

chirp
    Rochester

BK, ouch, shot down before you could even start.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Sunset cove, they have a beach pool and small arcade. They also rent boats but I was able to get pike right of the docks and even a walleye before sunrise in their marina. Located on cass lake. There is allot of pan fish in the bay their located in too. Also the pioneer campground if you willing to camp they have pool arcade located near wabasha where the national eagle center is and larc toys home of worlds largest hand carved carasol, very cool for the kids oh and over a mile of dike road to fish from shore on.

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

Bowens on winnie has a staff member who does activities with kids and has access to walleyes, perch, northerns and musky in Cut Foot Sioux and Winnie.

Williams Narrows Resort is on the same chain and has a beach closer to the cabins and a swimming pool as well. My grandsons loved the minnow races (they finished 1st and 2nd) the resort sponsored.

My grandsons are begging to go back but I hate paying non-resident license fees and the one line rule. I’m looking in Wisconsin for a place comparable to Winnie/Cutfoot.

josh a

I’d probably be looking for some places in Brainerd area, lots of very family friendly resorts to choose from

big_g
    Isle, MN

You might want to go in about 6 months…

fireline
    Rochester

Vacationland Resort on Ottertail Lake . Long sandy beach , very nice people running it .Give Trev a call .Can’t wait to get back !

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Big Mantrap Lodge near Park Rapids

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Thanks a bunch guys. Told the wife yall would have some good recommendations.

Derek

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

And yes this is for a summer vacation. As much as I would like to do a ice fishing vacation. That ain’t happening.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.