Gander Woodbury out of minnows/suckers Permanently

• stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Drove over to stock up on minnows and suckers for tomorrows festivities with my gift cards. Turns out they are remodeling the bait area into their Gun Shop expansion and will not be selling live bait any more.

Turned my gift cards back into cash before I left.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

I know the GM in Eden Prairie will soon stop spooling bulk line on reels for their customers… Didn’t inquire about their bait dept. but that might be next.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

They’ll do that?

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

I guess, I will no longer be going there now. I wondered what was going on when I saw their live bait area closed off. They are usually out of the things I need, or don’t offer the things I want… I was thinking of going up there tonight for some more crappie and fathead minnows, thank god I didn’t!

desperado

They may be permanently out of minnows, but they have suckers in that store every time more than one person walks in the front door.

Oh how I miss Sportsmens Warehouse

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Quote:

X2

taz
    Frederic wi

Quote:

Quote:

X2

X3

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

At Gander in Lakeville I brought my own line to have them spool a new ice rod. Guy said no more bulk line. But was the bulk stuff any good?

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Quote:

At Gander in Lakeville I brought my own line to have them spool a new ice rod. Guy said no more bulk line. But was the bulk stuff any good?

The bulk line they had in Eden Prairie was pretty much the standard trilene and stren mono; no fluor. and maybe fireline braid so not much of a selection.

Last time I was there they even charged me to fill it up with their spoolers even after I bought a filler spool.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Gander does have a nice selection of sweaters and sandals

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Always staying positive Kirt!

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:

Always staying positive Kirt!

Learned from you

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

The fishing dept in Woodbury has been going down hill since my buddy left his job as the manager to get a corporate job with gander. They never have any of the muskie gear I want, and most of the time if you ask any questions they look at you like you’re talking a different language

Don’t bother asking questions about the electronics

desperado

Quote:

Gander does have a nice selection of sweaters and sandals

Which was the inspiration for the jingle in their commercials

Gannnder Mounnntain
    Hat … Shirt … Pants

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I do not shop there anymore

dr._flathead

Quote:

X 1,000

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

I guess I’m in the minority but I’m happy to have the option to go to Gander. The more fishing stores, the better in my opinion. There isn’t a single store I’ve ever been to that has everything I want.

buck-slayer

The slugs I use in my gun are 15.99 at Gander and 9.99 at Fleet. Found them to be more expensive on alot of other things too.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

The slugs I use in my gun are 15.99 at Gander and 9.99 at Fleet. Found them to be more expensive on alot of other things too.

I went to gander a while back to get some 3.5″ steel shot for goose hunting. All they had was black cloud at $39.99 a box. ($25 a box msrp)

Sharon
    SE Metro

I’ve heard from a credible source that there are plans for a Cabela’s moving into the Woodbury area. It’s no Sportsman’s Warehouse by any means, but at least it’s another option. I also miss Galyans.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

I also miss Galyans.

No doubt. Dick’s was one terrible trade.

Ma hits up the Collector’s gallery in Tamarack and I always used to run into Galyans to snoop the fishing anf hunting areas. Found some really great deals over the years and the guys up there knew their stuff. I take a book along to read now while she’s in the Gallery.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Where is Woodburry?

big_g
    Isle, MN

What other chains can you buy live bait (suckers/minnows) at ??? Serious question.. I get mine at the small bait shops

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

They’ll do that?

I’d like to know too? I was forced into a decision on an auger because they didn’t carry the one I wanted in-store, even though they have them online.

When I told the floor person they sold them online, he said, “You sure you weren’t at the Cabela’s site”. I know it is a fair question, but I wanted to respond, “Can you teach me the internet”?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

X 1,000

Can’t you get a canoe or pocket knife somewhere else ???

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

X 1,000

Can’t you get a canoe or pocket knife somewhere else ???

Thorne Brothers or Blue Ribbon both have a very good bait selection, so I won’t miss the bait at GM

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They’ll do that?

I’d like to know too?

Yes, I was standing at the register with my empty bait bucket and said I needed to cash in the gift cards that were given to me for bait, the young lady asked the guy behind her and he approved it. Try asking nicely.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

Where is Woodburry?

I believe its on the east coast. I want to say New Jersey.

smoke grub

two years from now, every Gander will have a different name on the store front.. Bass Pro shops.. this is opinion, but they have already sold BPS merchandise in their stores.

Just remember the third time you go down, you never come back up..

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I can believe that. They seem like a franchise with the end in site. Or should I say end of their pyramid….

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.