Just a reminder

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Just a reminder for those of you thinking about running the self clean on your oven before the Christmas holiday’s or whatever you celebrate.

One of the calls we get many of each time this year is, why does my oven not work after I run self clean and why can’t you get parts in time for Christmas or whatever your celebrating this time of year.

Just a thought…
    Al

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Learning more on Ido by accident then other places by design.

Good post Al!

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

The suspense
    So I’ll bite: why wouldn’t the oven work after using the self-cleaning feature?
    (is this like:why did the chicken cross the road?)

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Quote:

The suspense

Bad element? Ours went out last year. Looked like someone was welding in our oven. Turning the oven off, didn’t make the welder stop. Had to turn off power at the breaker. That would be my guess.

Luckily, it was a easy do it yourself repair. I was able to get the new element about a 1/4 mile from where I work.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Bzz,

I was once told to be sure to wipe down the element of any debris and let the element dry before using the ‘clean’ feature…..we’ve had this Kenmore for at least 30 years… ( <me knocking on wood)

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I think my wife or mother inlaw tried cleaning it with Oven Cleaner too around the time we had problems. Not sure what caused it to fail, but I will blame them for it.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Wish my piece of junk Amana would burn up and take part of the kitchen with it. I need a redo project.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

The suspense

Self clean runs the oven temps up quite high, much higher than normal baking temps.
    Almost all of todays ovens are controled by a circuit board/mini computer, high heat is not their friend and if there is a weak spot, self clean will find it many times.

Also there is a shortage of electronic parts right now, so imho, now is not the time to see how your oven reacts to a self clean cycle.

You probably wouldn’t have any trouble, but why take a chance.

Al

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

My wife solved this problem by not using the oven.

I’m sorry dear, I was just kidding you know.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Thanks Al > that’s cool $4IT to know….definitely will not be doing this till appliances go on sale in January.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.