Dominican Republic

• Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

My wife and I fly out for our honeymoon Saturday morning to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Just wondering if any of you guys have ever stayed down there and what your experience was like? Resort, food, off resort sight seeing/adventures, etc.

And if you have a recommendation for a fishing charter that would be helpful too

garyeg

Stayed at the Riu Palace Punta Cana Last year. Food was excellent, beer was cold, accommodations were stellar, beaches were ideal (walk for miles and miles) and of course, the weather was perfect.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

It was awesome. Beaches were perfect. Shows were fun, food was great-all sorts of food too pizza, meat, seafood and breakfast was bomb too. People were friendly and loved to chat. For an adventure trip we took a bus to Higuey which was about a 45 minute trip. That was amazing. At first I was a little nervous but they treat you like a guest. Just like any place in the world be aware of your surroundings. Have a fun time.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

Congrats on getting wifed up too.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Congrats, my wife and I went there for our honeymoon 5 years ago. We stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace. There was a train that let us go to all the other Barcelo resorts.

We went snorkeling one of the days which was fun, there was a party boat that brought us out to the spot.

Overall the food was ok but the drinks were good.

My advice would be to relax the first couple days then towards the end of the trip book your activities.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.