Silver thread line?

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

My primary line since the 90’s. Use mostly 10 & 14 lb.

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

I also have been using it for at least 15 years, love 12lb for trolling rods

BBKK
    IA

Yes I use their stuff. The an40 is total crap. Frays super easy and is not very sensitive at all. The excalibur however is very good stuff. So is their fluorocarbon.

Just remember that it is NOT mono, it is co-poly and will sink.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Yes I use their stuff. The an40 is total crap. Frays super easy and is not very sensitive at all. The excalibur however is very good stuff. So is their fluorocarbon.

Just remember that it is NOT mono, it is co-poly and will sink.

Thanks all, does it stretch at all?
    Also thinking of running it on my planer/rigger rods, work well for that??

I was under the impression it was a improved mono hybrid, maybe not?

Al

BBKK
    IA

It has stretch, but not as much as pure mono. It sinks like a rock once it breaks surface tension which makes it very good for cranking or trolling rigs. Also very good for jigging walleye if you dont want to go pure fluoro. I use pline copoly for jigging walleye on a few of my rods.

I highly suggest their fluorocarbon for trolling/cranking rigs. It sinks and is super super sensitive. Also very thin. I used to use their 12lb fluoro for cranking and it was the best I have used.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

i think that is all steve fellegy used when he fished the pwt. as far as i know, that is what he still uses

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Yup–still use it exclusively. AN-40 has never been a problem for me and I think it is stronger than any mono I have used. I use 10lb. for spinners and cranks and 6lb. for rigging and bobbering. And it doesn’t get “old” or weak after time. A year later? Still fine to use.

And,yes, I buy mine like everyone else has to….no free stuff these days.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

It has stretch, but not as much as pure mono. It sinks like a rock once it breaks surface tension which makes it very good for cranking or trolling rigs. Also very good for jigging walleye if you don’t want to go pure fluoro. I use pline copoly for jigging walleye on a few of my rods.

I highly suggest their fluorocarbon for trolling/cranking rigs. It sinks and is super super sensitive. Also very thin. I used to use their 12lb fluoro for cranking and it was the best I have used.

The jigging is where I think I might try it first, trying to jig in a 100 foot of water with a 1.5oz jig and 12# mono is insane..

I think the mono helps keep fish on when trolling, that stretch softens the strike and you lose less weakly hooked fish that way… seems to anyway as I seem to lose less fish than those fishing with braid in my boat.

I’ll try to find a 300 yard spool and give it a try, thanks all.

Al

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.