Cochlear implant

• gundez-71
    South Minnesota

Has anyone here had any experience with a cochlear implant?? I went for a hearing aid adjustment today and this was brought up as a possibility. I would appreciate any information or input.

Gundy

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

I’m not 100% certain, but I think I was told in one of our meetings that if you choose the implant you can never back to an aide. 100% loss of hearing for life without the implant. Definately do all the research. Good luck with your decision.

snoshark

I lost all my hearing suddenly 3 years ago and havw a cochlear implant in my left ear. Tg is correct that when they implant you in that you will lose any residual hearing that you had left in that ear. While it is a wonderful thing as I was completely deaf for about 3 months it is not like normal hearing. Some people have better success with them than others. I can carry on a conversation with one person at a time but if there is any background noise it gets difficult real fast. Social settings I have a tendancy to stay away from. I cannot listen to music or the television but some people can. Really miss music. Television not so much. There are different companies that make them and I have the Harmony by Advanced Bionics. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions at [email protected]

dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

I have two children with bilateral cochlear implants. They were born with Auditory Neuropathy Disynchrony and implanted at 10 months and 24 months of age. Today they are 6 and 3 and are ahead of their peers in speech and language. It’s truly amazing what technology can do! My wife and I would gladly answer any questions you may have. PM me for contact info…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.