water filter ?

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Ok, wife wants filtered water coming out of the kitchen sink and also to the ice maker, Lowes and Home depot has manged to either send us home with the wrong filter or show us a filter that doesn’t remove everything she wants, including invasive species for all I know.

So we’re looking for one of them plastic canister type, probably about 20″ tall and 4-5-? inches in diameter that actually does a good job…anybody?

Oh..1/2 or 3/4″ inlet/outlet prefered.

Oh…Lowes and HD are out…:)
    TIA
    Al

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Check out this company, call and tell them her specs, where you live/type of incoming water (Well, City, etc.) and they’ll set you up right, great prices and know the water systems.

Toll-Free Phone:
    M-F 7am 6pm CST

Phone:

Fax:

Email:
    [email protected]

link to waterfilters.net

I got a R/O Reverse Osmosis system from them, Now I drink Filtered water instead of being the Filter.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Thanks, the RO system many times won’t work with an icemaker but the filter cartdridge will.

I’ll give then a look, thanks.
    Al

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Another thing about Lowes and HomeDepot, they may carry the filters/cartridges for a year or two, but then you’ll have to get them from someplace else anyway.

With our R/O system, we don’t have an Icemaker, but with a large enough supply/pressure tank, should be no problem. I am sure these guys can answer all those questions.

Good Luck

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

They never made it that far, they list the filter and the guy there said he didn’t know how to get it if it wasn’t on the shelf…which it wasn’t.

Most manuf I talk to say no RO for a reason, they just cause to many problems with ice makers.

Al

starvin pilgrim

I got a Culligan filter at Fleet Farm. I have well water with a lot of iron and it does a good job cleaning the water up. Simple hook up. 3/4″ female threads and with all the types of compression fittings you ought to be able to do it your self. On the threads on the filter, use only teflon tape, no pipe dope. I’ve installed many of these. They’re fairly easy. I’ve been getting replacement cartridges there for at least 4 years now.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

I’m with the Pilgrim. Mine is a Culligan and dual cartridge deal from well water. Fleet Farm has the filters. Mounted under the sink with a drinking water tap up top and line runs to the fridge for ice/water maker. No issues at all. What does she want filtered??

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

Fleet or menards
    I bought the blue omni whole house. Works well except I hate changing the filter on a regular basis unless needed, so I took it out and replaced with a clear model so I can monitor the filter. Filters usually on sale too.
    My ice maker has an adjustment on the front to change the flow rate for bigger or smaller cubes. Should work if think filter changes flow.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

What does she want filtered out of the water. Dont get much better than MPLS tap water.

I would assume its most likely the taste that is a issue. For taste you want a carbon filter.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

What does she want filtered out of the water. Dont get much better than MPLS tap water.

I would assume its most likely the taste that is a issue. For taste you want a carbon filter.

About the only thing she hasn’t mentioned it needs to filter is sediment, evidently Mpls has everything in it but sediment.
    I’d always thought Mpls water wasn’t to bad??

Al

AdamM

Many people do not believe you can use an reverse osmosis system for your fridge, but all you do is use a “T” adapter and run an extra line to your fridge. This is what I have done, and it works great. I got my system from Aquasafe Systems at http://www.aquasafecanada.com and they set me up with everything I needed, and told me how to set it up this way so I have the pure water to both my tap, and fridge.

Aquasafe Systems Reverse Osmosis System

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.