North Shore Trip

• dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

Heading up to Eagle Ridge Resortfor a 3 day weekend the end of September with the FW, just looking for suggestions on things to do, places to visit, and good food. Any ideas?
    Thanks IDOers!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I would stop at Lou’s in Two Harbors for some smoked delicacies. I never pass up their jerky. You got Bettys Pies on Hwy 2 that is as good as they say. Check out the poplar river there at Lutsen lakeside resort. Might be some pinks in there this year. I like to drive the dirt roads inland. Do you grouse hunt?
    Its a nice drive to Grand Marais. Shop and eat. The sporting goods store there by the water is worth the drive. A whitefish sandwhich at the Angry Trout cafe is hard to beat. There used to be an alpine slide at the mtn. If still open when you are there that is fun to do.

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

Going to Lutsen or Galena Eagle Ridge?

keepcasting
    Excelsior

Tettaguche (Sp?) State Park is my wife’s and my favorite for spending a day just hiking around. I always try to make sure to stop at the Vanilla Bean Cafe in Two Harbors for the Wild White Moose sandwich…you won’t be dissapointed. We also always make sure to eat at the Angry Trout in Grand Marais and hike Judge Magney State Park as well. If you can bring the fishing gear along most of the rivers have something worth catching in them, just make sure to check regulations on artificail only and single hook rules.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.