Jerk of the Weekend

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sunday on upper P4 near the Wi Channel, I was meeting a pleasure craft in the main channel. I was traveling upstream at aprox 20 mph and the pleasure craft was traveling down stream off plane. We passed each other fairly close but at a safe distance.

As we passed each other, I heard a noise thinking my motor was sounding funny and turned to look as I throttled back…wasn’t my motor, it was this ding dong that flew between the two of us at over 30 mph.

How do I know it was over 30? I tried to catch up to him and he was leaving me at 30. The only reason I could snap this picture is because he turned around and was heading down stream when I took it.

Now, legally he didn’t do anything wrong. Scaring the crap out of me and not using any common sense is not against the law.

If anyone knows who this fella is, shoot me a pm, I would like to chat with him.

WI registration.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

300 ponies will help you find your man, maybe on the 29th

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

In a pontoon, no less! Sheesh. To quote a friend of mine: “That’s 5 gallons of stupid in a 3 gallon bucket.”

casey walters
    Mapleton, MN

Ill one up you I think Saturday on the lake right in front of the pepin harbor a pontoon was comming at me full speed and turned at the last min. he ended up clipping my left planer board with one of his pontoons, the boat was full of guys I was not happy and he knew it then one of the guys on the pontoon had the nerver to tell me to settle the —- down not happy had my wife and two boys with.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Is it just me or are there more toons on the river this year?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not anti toon, just anti ding dong.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Seems like the “ole jerk o the weekend” is going around… Must have been the moon phase –

I had a guy – come after me – after my wife parked too close to him at a gas station in Outing – I was pulling the boat and she was driving the minivan back from Pokegama week of vacation.

My 3 year old son yells over to me “hi daddy” – next thing I know I have a 50+ guy in my face, chewing me out about my wife’s driving. Told him to tell her what he just said to me – and we will see you you can walk away from her. He was wound pretty tight after our interaction. Scary.

The filth that comes out of people’s mouths, in front of women and children is apalling.

Another Jerk o the day!!!!

crappies

common sense just isnt that common anymore! there a jerk on every body of water.

slipbobnick
    MN

maybe there should be a jerk of the weekend sticker to hand out to them. I’m sure they have a good sense of humor.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Take pity on him, brothers, for he driveth a pontoon. The aquatic equivilent of having one’s wife trade in your pickup for a minivan. And then hand you the keys to the new grocery-getter.

Grouse

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

This is why they need to enact the “Rootski One Punch per Week” law.

Here’s how it works: Once per calendar week you get to throw one and only one punch at some idiot that pissed you off. Just one. Now, if you’re really a jerk you might be the guy that a lot of people choose that week, and you’re going to get thumped pretty good. I’m willing to bet that you just might learn how to clean up your act.

Daydream off, back to work….

Rootski

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Ouch getting smoked by a toon. Kinda like getting passed by a mini van on the highway…

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

I would have waved at you BK but I was too busy holding on with both hands.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Quote:

Take pity on him, brothers, for he driveth a pontoon. The aquatic equivilent of having one’s wife trade in your pickup for a minivan. And then hand you the keys to the new grocery-getter.

Brutal – I have both – since getting married and 3 kids…

Still have the Champion and a pick up – but I am guilty of driving the grocery getter and the toon….

Dog

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I would have waved at you BK but I was too busy holding on with both hands.

No golf bags in the toon…wasn’t you this time.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

You want to experience a lot of jerks, spend some time on the wolf river above lake Poygan or anywhere from Winneconne down through Oshkosh to Winnebago. On a nice weekend, there will be 50 cigar boats running 80 mph in really tight quarters. Surprised more people don’t get killed up there.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

To bad we don’t all carry one of those paintball guns. Lay a line of paint down the side of that thing would get his attention I bet.

Now……….in fairness you didn’t have your pink nose warmer on did you?????????????

fishingdad

Maybe we need to do like George Carlin recommended a few years ago. Everyone gets one of those guns that shoots the suction cup darts that has a little flag that says “idiot” When the police/ conservation officiers sees someone with 3 of these stuck to his vehicle they pull them over and arrest them.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I miss that comedian.

uhlee1
    Dav. IA

Quote:

You want to experience a lot of jerks, spend some time on the wolf river above lake Poygan or anywhere from Winneconne down through Oshkosh to Winnebago. On a nice weekend, there will be 50 cigar boats running 80 mph in really tight quarters. Surprised more people don’t get killed up there.

+1 there. Vacationed there for a week a few years ago. I feared for my family’s life.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Quote:

Here’s how it works: Once per calendar week you get to throw one and only one punch at some idiot that pissed you off. Just one. Now, if you’re really a jerk you might be the guy that a lot of people choose that week, and you’re going to get thumped pretty good. I’m willing to bet that you just might learn how to clean up your act.

Rootski

Is it possible, under this rule, to roll over accumulated weeks in order to serve up a proper azzwhupin??

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

Rootski

I like this rule. When I am king, I’m going to institute it.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Brutal – I have both – since getting married and 3 kids…

Still have the Champion and a pick up – but I am guilty of driving the grocery getter and the toon….

Dog

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I’m sure you look very–ummmm–very family oriented out there on the ‘toon.

But in the future, try to give Brian K a little more space when you pass him, ok?

Grouse

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Please? I don’t want to have to explain to my Favorite Wife that I’m dead because of someones SD syndrome.

I don’t think that’s asking much.

wkw

Is that a Verado on the back of that ‘toon ?
    No wonder he passed you, BK
    WKW

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

It is no wonder that I consider the river off limits after 10 am on any weekend. Not just the toons and cigar boat…some dem fast fishing boats put me in danger too.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

By gum curmudgeon you are right again!

What the h…e…double hockey sticks am I doing out during daylight!

I’m going back to the night shift.

run&gun
    MN

What time of day? If it was pass noon it was your fault. Just kidding… down here we call them rundums.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.