Hummingbird si or Lowrance si

• rainman2
    metro area

Which one in your mind/eyes is better? I am at a toss up? Thanks in advance fellas!!

Rainman

FryDog62

No brainer – Humminbird. Pioneer in SI technology, ability to add 360 imaging, and iPilot Link….plus customer service at Lowrance was not known to be very good in previous years. I think Lowrance will eventually catch up, but right now there’s some true synergy between Humminbird, iPilot and Lakemaster worth very strong consideration.

sandmannd

What do you already have? If you have one of them stick with it so you aren’t having to replace all your units. If you are just getting some and want to pair with your trolling motor, go with Bird. That would be the main reason for me to switch from Lowrance.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I wonder if all the bad publicity Lowrance received a few years back has hurt them. I know my experience was just a little hic-up, but due to my terrible experience with Lowrance’s customer service on a $299 hand held GPS I’ll never look at them in the future. I would like to hear some feed back though.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

For quality of the SI alone, my vote goes to Lowrance, especially with their Gen2 StructureScan module. The SI range on the units are incredible and you can still get great images with the 400Hz setting.

It’s a Ford/Chevy argument IMO, but I did own a HB SI unit and when I upgraded this year, I went to Lowrance.

kroger3
    blaine mn

If your going new my vote is Humminbird. There on top of the new technology and advancements. I currently have both because i am making the switch to bird due to endless issues with my HDS units over the years. I have had both HDS units replaced 3 times to finally get decent ones.

cnv25
    LaCrosse, WI

I’m no professional with either unit, but here are my 2 cents. I have friends who have both units so I got a chance to see them in action. The Lowrance units seemed to have crisper images for the standard sonar. Humminbirds stardard sonar is just fine too, but lowrance seemed to show better target seperation and crisper images. Now with the SI feature Humminbird seemed to have the upper hand. Humminbird just seemed to have a bit clearer image for SI. In the end I decided to go with Humminbird for ease of use. Humminbird menus were a lot more user friendly. Setting way points with one push and shorcut buttons for the different views. They also allowed my to shade different depth ranges on the navigation view. In the end I don’t think you could go wrong with either unit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.