Can we please get an AIS forum?

• armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

It seems to me that this topic is generating enough posts of a widely varied nature that keeping the conversations all in one place is getting to be pretty important.

We need a place on IDO where our discussions on public policy, personal experiences, the 15 invasives in MN, etc., can be contained both for the sake of reference and continuity and because they’re starting to really choke out the native topics of some other forums.

Yes, yes… AIS posts are starting to be as invasive in their own right on the other forums as the subject matter that spawned them.

Anyway, I think if cats/sturg, carp, sunfish and even walleye can have their own forums, then having a forum dedicated to AIS information is probably pretty important.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Sign of the Times

armchairdeity

Anyone get the feeling there are lake homeowners amongst us?

armchairdeity

I’m wondering if James or someone could chime in here on what (if any) the plans are for this… I kind of foresee it being like the species forums… sub-forums for inspections, a sub-forum for each AIS, etc.

It just seems that keeping all the info together and out of the way of the uninterested is getting to be an important move.

Just my opinion, but I know it’s shared by at least 36 people.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’m wondering if James or someone could chime in here on what (if any) the plans are for this… I kind of foresee it being like the species forums… sub-forums for inspections, a sub-forum for each AIS, etc.people.

Honestly I don’t see a need for it given the very small volume of AIS related threads we see. Basically there’s a couple a week. If we put them in an AIS dedicated forum the number of people that will see or interact with those limited number of threads will drop significantly. I don’t think anyone wants to see that happen. Best to leave them out here in General Discussion.

lhprop1
    Eagan

I’m with James on this. There aren’t really that many discussions on it. When one does happen to pop up in the general forum, I get all excited and click on it, knowing that there’s going to be a bunch of rage and a bunch of smartazzery and sometimes a little bit of common sense thrown in. It’s like an internet messageboard fruit salad.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

If we put them in an AIS dedicated forum the number of people that will see or interact with those limited number of threads will drop significantly.

How about a Brian Klawitter section then?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

If we put them in an AIS dedicated forum the number of people that will see or interact with those limited number of threads will drop significantly.

How about a Brian Klawitter section then?

We have one of those. We hid it under “Catfish” and wouldn’t ya’ know it people found him there, too.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Always while my back is turned Pug.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The road that leads to nowhere…..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That’s cute Mike.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Dead end road? Roundabout?

I know. Seasonal road.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I know. Seasonal road.

Perhaps “Minimally Maintained” is most appropriate?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Does EVERYONE need to follow Suzuki’s lead?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

Quote:

I know. Seasonal road.

chirp
    Rochester

Stop picking on poor Brian.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Stop picking on poor Brian.

He’s got broad shoulders.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Thanks Chirp. The only one that really hurt was the laughing from the corn people.

chirp
    Rochester

No problem Brian.

redneck
    Rosemount

I agree that the AIS issues should be left in the General Forum. It would be easy for each of us to bury our head in the sand and just ignor the AIS posts if they were tucked away somewhere. We need to know and be aware of what is going on because this issue is affecting each and every one of us in one way or another. If we do not say involved and let our opinions and thoughts be known then the lake owners associations will just have their way and the next thing you know public access the way we know it now will become a thing of the past. Even if it pains us we each need to read and understand as our rights as boat owners are assaulted. I will get off my soap box now—may I have my 2 cents in fish bucks please

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

I know. Seasonal road.

Winner!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Not bad from our Special Needs Members Group.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.